|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
Tax Internship: This posting is to gather applications for Spring 2021 Co-Ops, Summer 2021 Interns and Fall 2021 Co-Ops. In the application you will be able to select the session you are most interested in.
TE Tax offers three types of Co-op and Internship positions: 1) Tax (Federal, State & International); 2) Tax Systems /IT support; 3) Tax Planning
The TE Tax Co-op and Internship position is designed to provide participants with a broad exposure to the tax function with an emphasis on federal, state and international tax reporting; providing support for tax accounting and transfer pricing; preparing assigned corporate tax returns and other reporting requirements; learning the tax return preparation process; and obtaining a general understanding of the company’s effective tax rate and legal entity structure.
The TE Tax Information Systems / Technology (“Tax IS / IT”) Co-op and Internship position is designed to provide participants with a broad and diverse experience so that they can gain a better understanding of the impact that an IT professional can have related to a corporate tax function
The TE Tax Planning Co-op/Internship position is designed to provide the participant with a broad exposure to the tax function with an emphasis on M&A, federal, and international tax planning; providing support for internal restructurings and implementing transactions; running quantitative analyses in Excel; preparing step plans in PowerPoint; preparing and maintaining necessary documentation to support and execute transactions; learning the tax planning process; and obtaining a general understanding of the company’s effective tax rate and legal entity structure.
**This is a full time, 40 hour per week internship**
Responsibilities for Tax Co-Op/Intern:
- Responsibilities may include providing assistance in the following areas of tax (Federal, State & International):
- Analysis and preparation of the U.S. Federal and State income tax returns
- Analysis and preparation of U.S. information returns for Non-US Corporations
- Involvement with the U.S. tax authorities who are auditing TE. This includes obtaining work papers and drafting responses to federal and state audit information requests and conducting analytics
- Involvement with the financial statement requirements for the tax department including analysis for SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002) compliance, and quarterly financial statement reporting
- Support of the income tax planning and M&A teams within Tax
- Support of the quarterly and annual transfer pricing processes for which the team is responsible
- Assistance with preparing annual transfer pricing documentation reports and completing benchmark / comparability analytics
- In your role, you will also gain a working knowledge of the company’s internal financial management software and third-party software tools. You will have the opportunity to work with systems like SAP, HFM (Oracle), and ONESOURCE. You can expect to learn about the systems and processes that are important to running a large global tax department.
Responsibilities for Tax Systems / IT Co-op and Intern:
- The Tax IS / IT Co-op’s / Intern’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Assist in the modification and creation of macros written in Visual Basic for Applications across all Microsoft Office products
- Assist with advanced usage of Microsoft Excel
- Assist in the creation and execution of test plans for a variety of applications including, but not limited to Microsoft Access, Business Objects and Microsoft SharePoint
- Assist in data analysis and input into various software applications
- Assist in the support of quarter-end and year-end Income Tax reporting processes as needed
- Provide support for other Tax groups as needed
- Eligible candidates for either: Spring 2021 (January - May), Summer 2021 (May - August), Fall 2021 (August - December).
- Undergraduate Sophomores or above working towards a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting (concentration in Tax a plus) or Finance; or Graduate students working towards a Master’s in Taxation or Master’s in Business Administration (concentration in Accounting or Finance)
- Prior work experience, including a prior co-op or internship in accounting or tax, is preferred but not mandatory
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Detail oriented and organized
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrates competency in problem solving skills
- Demonstrates TE core values of Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork and Innovation
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $14 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.