|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the role:
The NetSuite Sr. Business Systems Engineer is a critical part of our Business Systems Team, serving as the primary interface with all departments as it relates to our existing implementation of Netsuite and future modifications. This is a great opportunity to grow professionally as you will be working cross functionally with multiple business partners including Engineering, Finance, FP&A, & Supply Chain on customizing Samsara’s ERP platform to meet evolving business needs. This will include script development, configuration changes, testing, troubleshooting, process engineering, & creating searches and reports. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background in NetSuite with excellent analytical and communication skills.
In this role, you will:
- Design, implement, and maintain configurations and customizations of NetSuite and ancillary software connections to meet evolving needs
- Develop, test and deploy customizations, custom objects, third party tools / applications and new NetSuite functionality based on evolving business needs
- Lead by example to drive development standards, quality & processes
- Communicate effectively to cross-functional personnel with varying degrees of technical proficiency - Leading meetings, delivering presentations, timely status updates and more
- Handle ambiguity and work effectively in a fast paced agile environment
- Mentor/ provide thought leadership to junior engineers and cross functional team members
- Produce and maintain excellent development documentation including PRDs, test plans, user stories, playbooks, runbooks, gantt charts, architecture diagrams, wireframe/ mocks, etc
- Keep up-to-date with NetSuite functionality, new technology & coding standards. Identifying other key technologies to support and improve the business process centered on the NetSuite platform as necessary.
- Act independently to drive initiatives, bugs, enhancements from discovery through deployment and hypercare
- Collaborate/ lead development of cross-system solutions in complex highly integrated environment
- Provide ongoing system/technical support to NetSuite users and business partners including training
- Maintain NetSuite and other related 3rd party business applications for internal users
- Monitor end-user usage of systems and track performance
- Be responsible for the change management and release process of NetSuite
An ideal candidate has:
- 5+ years of continuous Netsuite system development experience in complex environments with multiple integrations
- 2-3 years of software development experience
- Expert knowledge of SuiteScript 1.0 & 2.0, SuiteFlow, SuiteTalk, SQL, csv imports, user provisioning, defining roles, analytics and scheduling scripts
- Expert knowledge of roles, permissions, page layouts, custom objects, reports and dashboards
- Strong experience with OneWorld, ARM, Order to Cash, Supply Chain, Contract Renewals, SuiteAnalytics
- Experience completing 1 full Netsuite ERP implementation
- Experience with Netsuite SuiteCloud Development Framework and development tools like Webstorm or Visual Studio
- Web service development experience C# or other object-oriented programming language
- Exposure to visual (WYSIWYG) drag and drop software development tools
- Strong familiarity with “cloud computing” and web technologies PaaS, SaaS, IPaaS
- High level of general IT knowledge expected
- Experience with Salesforce.com development preferred
- Experience mentoring and providing thought leadership to junior engineers/ cross functional teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or a related field of study strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills required
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Aptitude for understanding and troubleshooting technical problems
- NetSuite Certification(s) preferred
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.