|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
- Reporting to the Senior Manager of Operations (Plant Manager), leading a machining manufacturing plant that manufactures electronic components for aerospace and defense applications in a highly regulated environment.
- Promote robust talent and positive culture development by: reviewing and providing timely feedback to reports regarding their performance; mentoring, developing and motivating them; developing internal talent pool; helping resolve functional issues to achieve targeted performance; creating mid-term and long-term development plans for direct reports; and building a transparent, cooperative, trustworthy working environment for the people. Build external pipelines for talent.
- Monitor the cost and effectiveness of daily production activities; develop and implement operating policies and procedures; and allocate labor and capital resources to maximize productivity and achieve delivery and cost targets.
- Research, evaluate, recommend and implement investments in technology, equipment or systems that will enhance the plant's production capabilities to optimize production, improve efficiency and reduce conversion cost.
- Optimize current capacity utilization through continuous process improvement, equipment upgrades, employee training, and development, as well as maintaining a disciplined approach to running the operation. Also, perform date driven analysis of manufacturing activities for improvement opportunities and be able to present to various functions.
- Establish individual and group accountability within the department for problem-solving, cost reduction and improvement activities. Identifying flow inhibitors and pro-actively problem solve the issues to come up with root causes and systemic solutions to alleviate them.
- Gain appropriate and necessary resources to ensure the annual business plan and planned projects are realized, and successfully manage the operating budget of the department. Collaborate with the technical team to drive innovation and automation projects within your operation.
- Drive Operational Excellence, Lean Implementations, Industry 4.0, best practices and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's degree is required with a minimum 5 years of manufacturing experience
- Transformational leader with value stream or plant operations experience
- Ability to energize and motivate people and to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization. Strong sense of urgency and accountability.
- Strong analytic, strategic, tactical and problem-solving skills. Six Sigma/Lean Training a plus.
- Demonstrated leadership and team building skills and ability to drive change in a fast-paced work environment.
- Proven track record of creating, implementing and/or sustaining a lean operation.
- Experience in developing, implementing and improving key performance indicator metrics through strong data analysis and continuous improvement.
- This position requires access to information which is subject to stringent controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, person granted asylee status in the U.S., or person admitted into the U.S. as a refugee.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.