|Job Type:||Full Time|
OneDrive is Microsoft’s solution for cloud file storage - the one place for all your important documents, files and folders, photos and videos and more, across work and life, and on all your devices. As we continue to grow our market share, we are faced with many core infrastructure and scale challenges driving a need to build resilient systems while ensuring no customers are impacted throughout the change management lifecycle. The OneDrive and SharePoint team is looking for a motivated and strong Principal Software Engineering Manager to be a part of this journey.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager who is not afraid to try new things like bringing the power of machine learning and statistical analysis at scale to find abusive patterns and stop them before it negatively impacts our capacity and customer experiences. You will have an opportunity to work with peers across the company to adapt techniques for safeguarding our data in cost effective manners. You will guide a team of engineers, mentoring them through this journey and providing technical and architectural leadership as we evolve our scalable, distributed service.
OneDrive and SharePoint are rapidly-growing services at the center of Microsoft's cloud, reaching almost every part of the company, like Windows and Office. You would be a part of a team that has the opportunity to provide peace of mind to the millions of people who are trusting us with the most important content in their lives.
We are looking for smart, agile, and intellectually curious engineering managers who love creating and building things that delight and protect our customers. You will be working with a team of amazing engineers reporting to you, other peer engineering managers, PM and designers, and work closely with our partners across Microsoft.
- 8+ years of professional software design and development experience with at least one of C/C++/C#/Java
- Prior experience with developing large high-volume services, with service-oriented development and cloud-based systems.
- Demonstrated commitment to the success of others, as a leader in the team you will be expected to mentor and manage junior developers.
- Strong technical abilities, problem solving, design, rapid prototyping, coding and debugging skills.
- Good communication skills and a track record of cross-group/cross-discipline collaboration.
- Quick learner who thrives in an ambiguous environment.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to be adaptable and agile in development
Demonstrated experience as a technical lead or people manager.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.