|Job Type:||Full Time|
The gameindustry,the fastest growingsector of theentertainmentindustry,isbeingheavilydisrupted by cloud technology. Virtually all game developers are evolving to deliverGames-as-a-Service, centered on continuous content delivery and player engagement, and require accelerated production environments, agile back-end infrastructure, and live ops services.
Microsoft is uniquely positioned to lead this transformation to cloud-basedgaming, thanks toassets like our first party studios (Halo, Minecraft), our Xbox gaming platform,and Azure,one of the largest public clouds andthe fastest-growing business in Microsoft’s history.
The GamingVerticalteamleadsMicrosoft’s business selling tools and services togame creators. Our mission is to empower game creators to realize their dreams.We have a startup culture in which we dream big, move fast, and work directly with our customers.Our aspiration is nothing short of delivering the world’s best cloud platform for game developers across the entire gaming life cycle, from development, to testing and deployment, to ongoingoperation and monetization.
TheGlobalBusiness Leadfor the Gaming Verticalisresponsible forworking closely with our field sales organization to leadallcommercialactivityfor the gaming vertical, on a global basis, taking direct responsibility forone region (Americas, EMEA, or Asia) and managing a small team of Regional Business Leadswho willlook after the others.
To be successful in this role, you should be a natural sales leader who takes great pleasure in strategizing and landing key deals. In this role youwill:
- Influencerevenue inyourregionto ensure we meet and exceed revenue targets, bystrategizing withthe fieldonkey gaming deals, then coachingtohelp ensuretheyclose.
- Manageand coach other regional business leaders
- Participate inourannual forecasting process.
- Identifykeyaccounts in the region that we should target(that may not yet be on our radar).
- Generate sales “playbooks” and other field empowerment materials, sharing knowledge to help field sales resources be more effective.
- Maintain and trackthedeal pipelinefrom your region.
- Help architect big deals; consult with field to tighten our pitch and lock down terms.
- Lead account planning for strategic game accounts, leveraging a broad array of resources from across Microsoft.
- Serve as the primary interface with Business Desk to drive commercial terms for key dealsand facilitatedeal reviews. Help bridge gapsthat may arise due to the differences between game studios and traditional enterprise accounts.
- Participate in meetingswith customerswhen helpful; play a role in helpinglandespecially key deals.
- Workwithregionalleadership to guideinvestment and local staffing for gaming.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) inbusiness, accounting, or a related field.
- 6+ years of relevant experience insales, ideally with experience selling at all levels, from small and medium size organizations up to large multinationals.
- Prior experience selling to game studios is preferred; prior experience selling cloud services is also preferred.
- Abilityto work independently in highly ambiguous environments, with both technical and business groups internally and externally.Self motivating, andself directed.
Abilityto meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirementsarerequired for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.