|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Windows and Devices Design Studio is looking for aJuniorDesigner to join theMicrosoftStore team. Candidates will help create experiences that enable 1 billion Windows customers to find and engage with the app experiences they need most and modernize the Windows platform across productivity and entertainment.
Collaborating with a new and growing multidisciplinary team, you will be responsible for working with product owners to simplify complex problems within business, technology, and experience constraints into compelling customer driven design solutions.
Join a world-class cross-functional team where you apply and grow your expertise in experience design to tackle one of thelargest growth areasforMicrosoft.
AsJuniorDesigner you will be responsible for:
- Creatingbeautiful, impactful, and innovative product designs
- Workingwith a diverse and talented team of designers, product managers, and engineers to build quality, reliable, inclusive, and accessible experiences that run on1 billiondevices.
- Participatingindesignbrainstormsand work sessions.
- Participatinginculture change;(e.g.advocate for thecustomer,help create a diverse and inclusive work environment).
- Bachelor's Degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Communication Arts,Information Design, or equivalent education or experience
- 2+ years of experience in design discipline for consumer product experiences
- Enthusiasm for an iterative design process and human centered design
- Proficiency with Figma,AdobeXD, Illustrator, Photoshop (or equivalent design tools)
- Excellent visual, verbal, and written skills and the ability to present your work to peers across disciplines
- Strong collaboration skills
- Ability to think creatively and critically about design problems
- Shown ability to synthesize design solutions from ambiguous concepts
- Knowledge of groundbreaking applications and the latest UX metaphors and desire to keep learning
- Strongportfolio showcasing work experience on web and/or application design showing how you applied your skills to solve customer needs
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.