|Job Type:||Full Time|
Turn 10 Studios has an exciting opportunity to work alongside the team responsible for the top-selling and critically acclaimed Forza Motorsport franchise. As a Procedural Technical Artist, you’ll be responsible for identifying and implementing procedural content creation methods to efficiently achieve high quality game content for our cutting edge games.
- Assist the content team with prototyping new techniques for population of environments with pre-authored assets using Houdini or similar software
- Work with Tools and Tech Art teams to create procedural rulesets and tools for dynamic placement of assets such as roads, forests, fences, etc.
- Collaborate with other departments in content, such as Vehicles, Lighting, Cinematics, Audio, UI to institute procedural workflows to streamline their content creation practices
- Identify pipelines for feeding procedurally authored assets into our proprietary Forzatech rendering engine
- Mentor environment artists in the usage of procedural techniques
- Keep performance optimization in mind with procedural asset
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Graphic Arts, Art or a related field.
- Computer programming/scripting experience.
- Strong knowledge of one or more major 3D animation packages, Houdini preferred.
- Understanding of 3D graphics principles and procedures.
- Experience with next-generation content creation techniques
- Excellent communication skills
- Work well under deadlines and multi-tasks
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.