|Job Type:||Full Time|
In Cloud + AI at Microsoft, we are developing technologies that will revolutionize how people interact with each other and their environments. The Ethics & Society team guides the organization’s development of innovative tech towards ethical, responsible, and sustainable outcomes. To bring this vision to fruition, we need a PM Manager to make responsible innovation concepts actionable for Cloud + AI product teams.
In this position, you will be part of the multi-disciplinary Ethics & Society team, leading a team of PMs that will work directly with Cloud + AI product teams to educate, design, and implement responsible innovation techniques in shipping products. This will include educating product teams on new & innovative approaches, integrating processes & tools to bring responsible innovation concepts into the existing software development lifecycle, and providing user experience design guidance. The role will also include building a scalable engagement process that maximizes impact across Cloud + AI while also representing key recommendations in front of executive audiences.
Success for this role will be measured by your ability to build a strong pipeline of product team partnerships & engagements that result in shipping products that align to Microsoft’s responsible innovation principles. You’ll do this by collaborating with a diverse set of disciplines, including program managers, engineers, data scientists, designers, researchers, policy teams, and product & business leadership.
The successful candidate will be passionate about responsible innovation concepts and implementing them across large and diverse product lines, providing product team consultation, generalizing guidelines & best practices, influencing product design & development practices inside and outside Microsoft, and fulfilling people management responsibilities.
Ability to be comfortable in extremely ambiguous environments, break down large & complex problems into solvable chunks, inspire those around you, and a desire to innovate in a new space are all critical to this role. You’ll have the opportunity to leverage these skills & passion to ensure the positive impact of technology on people and communities as well as demonstrate your empathy for ethics issues related to privacy, security, inclusion, reliability & safety, transparency, and fairness.
- Managing a team of engineering Program Managers to implement responsible innovation concepts in Microsoft products & services.
- Leading the continuous improvement of engineering and quality practices through product specifications, best practices, tooling, and design patterns.
- Incubating innovative product designs & approaches to responsible innovation.
- Integrating responsible innovation approaches into new and existing systems & processes at Microsoft.
- Establishing cross-company product team engagements & partnerships.
- Monitoring and holding product teams accountable to responsible innovation recommendations.
- Representing the Ethics & Society team in executive & product team reviews.
- Creating and maintaining a scalable engagement framework that maximizes the reach and product impact of Ethics & Society.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, Human-Computer Interaction or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of experience in Program/Product Management or Design, delivering end-user facing products and services.
- 5+ years of people management experience.
- Experience educating, partnering, & influencing product teams.
- Ability to build scalable partner engagement processes.
- Understanding of artificial intelligence techniques and concepts.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary, start-up team environment where you’ll be expected to wear multiple hats and move frequently between projects.
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines, while maintaining excellent communication.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.