|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft's Cloud and AI division is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work with us on the Windows Sysinternals suite of tools. This is a unique opportunity to work in Mark Russinovich’s Azure Office of the CTO team with technical leaders in the field on the leading set of Windows utilities that help developers and IT pros manage, troubleshoot and diagnose Windows systems and applications.
The ideal candidate will enjoy building both Windows and Linux software and working on open-source projects. They will be a generalist with a broad skillset across Win32 and Linux development including low-level technical and diagnostic software, UI, cloud services, scripting and automation. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required, as this candidate must also work across groups, industry partners and provide support on the tools.
In this role you will:
- Design and develop features and bugfixes for Sysinternals tools including Sysmon, Procmon and Process Explorer
- Design and develop Linux versions of the top Sysinternals tools
- Design and develop engineering tools, scripts & automation
- Design, develop and operate Azure cloud services and websites supporting the tools
- Contribute to documentation, technical support and engage in GitHub and TechNet communities
- Other general technical assistance to the Sysinternals team
- 5+ years of professional technical experience in a relevant field using Windows and Linux
- Proven ability to work pro-actively, independently and in a team
- 3+ years of experience with Windows Internals, C/C++ and Win32
- Experience with Windows kernel-mode development, including mini-filter drivers
- Experience with Azure, Git, Visual Studio, MSBuild, GitHub and Azure DevOps
- Good understanding of x86/x64 and ARM64 architectures
- Outstanding technical problem solving and debugging ability
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- 4-year degree in computer science, engineering or related field or equivalent work experience in lieu of education
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check. This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.