|Job Type:||Full Time|
Within C+E (Commerce and Ecosystems) division we are looking for talented Senior Software Engineers to help us deliver highly scalable distributed cloud services and world-class product experiences as well as build the platform that empowers Microsoft's partners to thrive in our ecosystem.
You will have opportunities to work on multiple layers of the technology stack, ranging from customer-focused user experience work, working with distributed systems, big data, machine learning, and everything in between. You will collaborate with team members and other engineering groups in Microsoft to build full stack web applications using latest web technologies in a dynamic and agile environment. You will be part of a fun-loving, diverse team that seeks challenges, loves learning and values teamwork. You will have opportunities for mentorship, career growth, and work on high-business impact areas.
As a part of C+E organization we’re responsible for driving 3 major initiatives within Microsoft:
Make it Easier for Customers and Partners
Enable an easier experience for customers and partners to grow, as well as to buy and do business with us by:
- Delivering a dependable, safe and secure commerce infrastructure
- Completing the migration to Modern
- Furthering our 1st and 3rd party alignment
- Deliver compelling new business models
Drive Discovery and Awareness
Design services and experiences that drive discovery and awareness within Microsoft ecosystem of products and services, as well as reach online and real-world technical communities around the globe - your customers will range from Fortune 500 companies to startups, and the biggest Xbox game publishers to Indie developers.
Drive Online Engagement
Help customers gain technical proficiency with Microsoft products by delivering relevant and powerful content including product documentation, tools with a focus on skilling, solutions, learning paths, access to events, and compelling technical and business materials on popular third-party sites, forums, and channels while also creating engagement with our partners through our online assets.
In this role you will work on projects with some of the following attributes:
- Full stack web and application development using technologies and languages such as C#, Azure, .NET
- Big data using modern technologies such as Apache Spark, No SQL Cosmos DB, and Blobs
- Use machine learning to build robust systems for anomaly detection and analysis
- Use Kubernetes and other container based tools to develop highly scalable cloud based micro-services
- 5+ years of Industry software development experience using C#, Python, Java, C++, or other OO language
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience/Exposure with full stack software development and/or data processing including React, Angular, TypeScript, Node.js, SQL, Spark
- Strong problem solving, design, coding, and debugging skills
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
By applying to this position, you are being considered for multiple like positions within our organization for an invitation-only Virtual Interview Day on October 28th, 2020.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.