|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Windowsand DevicesDesign Studio is looking for a Senior Designer tojoin theMicrosoftStoreteam.Candidateswillhelpcreateexperiences that enable1 billionWindows customers to find and engage with theappexperiences they need mostandmodernizetheWindows platformacross productivity and entertainment.
Collaboratingwith a new and growingmultidisciplinary team,you will be responsible forworking with product ownerstosimplify complex problems within business, technology,and experience constraints into compellingcustomer drivendesign solutions.
Join a world-class cross-functional team where you apply and grow your expertise in experience design to tackleoneof thelargest growth areasforMicrosoft.
As Senior Designeryouwill be responsiblefor:
- Creatingbeautiful, impactful, and innovativeproductdesigns
- Workingwitha diverse and talented team ofdesigners,product managers,and engineerstobuild quality, reliable, inclusive, and accessible experiences that run on1 billiondevices.
- Presentingyourdesignconceptsto leadershipandparticipateinproduct decisionsadvocating for the prioritization ofhuman centereddesign changes
- Drivingdesign brainstormsand work sessions.
- Mentoringandlifting junior designers to be better creators
- Activatingculture change, invest in your own and others’ growth,mentor team members,andadvocate for a customer driven mindsetand help create a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Communication Arts,Information Design, or equivalent education or experience
- 6+ years of experience in design discipline for consumer product experiences
- Enthusiasm for an iterative design processand human centered design
- ProficiencywithFigma,AdobeXD, Illustrator, Photoshop(or equivalentdesign tools)
- Excellentvisual,verbal, andwritten skills and the ability to present your work to peers across disciplines
- Strong collaboration skills
- Ability to think creatively and critically about design problems
- Shown ability to synthesize design solutions from ambiguous concepts
- Deep knowledge of ecommerce trends and design patterns strongly desired
- Knowledge of groundbreaking applications and the latest UX metaphorsand desire to keep learning
- Strongportfolio showcasing work experience on web and/or application designshowing how you applied your skillsto solvecustomer needs
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.