|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our mission: to empower people and organizations with technology to positively transform the health of humankind globally. There has never been a more exciting time to be working in health and life sciences at Microsoft. Our investments across our organization in research and incubation, world-class talent, and strategic partnerships reflect our CEO Satya Nadella’s vision that many of the next health breakthroughs will come from health and life sciences organizations working in partnership with companies like Microsoft.
As a technical architect / developer, you will be a founding member of the cross-functional team within Microsoft Research’s Health Next group that carries primary responsibility for ensuring that the half the world that doesn’t have meaningful access to care today can benefit from the new experiences and technologies that Microsoft is driving in health and life sciences. The ideal candidate will have an exceptional scientific / technical background and have the intellectual curiosity, original thinking, and uncommon rigor required to shape and build new health solutions.
- Contribute to a world-class scientific / technical research and knowledge base for new opportunity spaces in health and life sciences.
- Create engineering / technology roadmaps for priority opportunity areas and problem statements within new opportunity spaces.
- Provide technical direction, vision, and leadership for the development of incubation efforts to take new products/solutions to market.
- Facilitate scientific / technical collaboration with other Microsoft Research / Health Next research and product teams.
- Provide technical advisory support to Health Next leadership team on cross-cutting Microsoft engagements.
- Communicate technical concepts at the appropriate level of abstraction to both technical and non-technical stakeholders and partners.
- 10+ years of experience as a software engineer/development leader designing, implementing, and shipping cloud services or software products.
- 5+ years in software engineering project/product management
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or related field
- Significant software development design, debugging and troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to take initiative and drive to clarity in ambiguous situations
- Passion for and ability to quickly understand emerging technologies
- Experience with DevOps models and agile methodologies
- Ability to manage senior stakeholder and partner relationships to influence, drive collaboration, innovation, and adoption across Microsoft
- Experience with turning research technologies into products
- Experience with understanding user needs, gathering requirements and defining scope
- Experience with designing and delivering excellent demos/prototypes to showcase vision to stakeholders
- Experience in building health and/or life sciences experiences and technologies
- Proven track record of working across teams and cross-functional stakeholders to deliver shared solutions to complex problems
- Passion for combining deep technical and market / user analysis to create new opportunity areas
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.