|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
Reporting to the Sr Director of Operations, the Director, Global Supply Chain will provide functional leadership for supply chain functions related to Supply Chain Network Design, Sales & Operations Planning, Materials & Manufacturing Planning/Scheduling Processes and Inventory Management for the Sensor Solutions business unit. The incumbent is expected to drive best practices and improve performance, bringing expertise to the organization and representing the business in external customer meetings and industry events.
Supply Chain Network Design
- Coordinate and partner with the Strategy team to align supply chain network design to proper production portfolio (what products are made where) to provide TE Sensor Solutions (TESS) customer’s the best service model possible. Work in conjunction with Product Management and Global Procurement to achieve the optimal portfolio.
- Key KPI in this responsibility is the average “published” lead-time required to fulfill customer orders – “published” lead-time being the amount of time manufacturing sites require to fulfill a customer order
Sales & Operations Planning
- Serve as “supply plan” lead on the TESS Sales and Operations Planning process (S&OP)
- Develop the supply plan template to be used by the manufacturing sites to develop the monthly “supply plan” side of the S&OP process. Trains, coaches and helps the sites to improve their supply plan generation.
- Participates in the various monthly S&OP reviews, including Executive S&OP review with Sensors leadership team. Ensure monthly supply plan is accurate and supported by the production sites.
- Key KPIs in this responsibility is delivery performance (STR: on-time ship to request, STS: on-time ship to schedule, ITO: Inventory turns).
Materials & Manufacturing Planning and Scheduling Methods
- Serve as the global process expert and standard work (process) owner for all production scheduling and materials planning / execution processes that shall be used consistently across all sites within TESS Operations. Document such standard work processes and release updates on a periodic basis
- Develop a management operating system that ensures proper training / education on such standard processes to all sites and generate monthly scorecard / review process to ensure that all sites globally are properly and consistently using standard work processes
- Own and revise as needed the “Inventory Stocking Strategies” Policy and Rules as already deployed by TESS Operations. Ensure that such policy revisions meet the objectives of minimizing inventory investment while increasing delivery performance (STR: Ship to Request, STS: Ship to Schedule) and reducing order fulfillment cycle time. Serve as the OPS approver for all proposed SS1 (finished goods stock) and SS2 (BOM / raw materials stock).
- Develop a management operating system to monitor and ensure site deployment and use of the Stocking Strategy, ensuring compliance to the strategy process rules.
- The key KPIs for this portion of the responsibilities are:
- STR: Ship-to-Request
- STS: Ship-to-Schedule
- ITO: Inventory turns (by site and in total, including finished goods)
- Develop, maintain and deploy the standard work (process) inventory policies that shall be utilized globally by TESS Operations. Such policies will include allowable safety stock levels (calculation methods; service level MIN and MAX), appropriate/allowable use of Kanban stocking methods with allowable levels of stock, and allowable ABC ordering policy for incoming materials from suppliers.
- In conjunction with the various inventory-carrying sites, construct an annual by-month ending inventory plan each fiscal year, with the objective of improving inventory turns. Published a weekly inventory ledger balance report that tracks inventory by major categorization (raw matl, WIP, FG, reserve), by site, and compares to plan levels.
- As required, conduct site-level “diagnostic” deep dive reviews of under-performing sites with respect to inventory. Assist site to develop corrective action plan and ensure site adherence of such plan.
- Achieve annual goals for applicable KPIs: Inventory turns; Site delivery (STR and STS)
People & Organizational Development
- After constructing the support organization structure, staff approved positions with personnel that are qualified and energetic to achieve annual KPI goals and strategic activities
- Serve as the coach / mentor for direct reporting team, as well as site SC / Materials managers. Serve as the staffing review point for all staffing changes required at the site manager level, including identifying under-performing site, gaining alignment with their direct supervisor and finding alternative candidates to fill such roles.
- Provide at least twice-annual formal performance review / feedback for all direct reports. Provide additional feedback on a timely basis when deemed appropriate.
- Develop succession plans for all direct reports, with the goal of having “ready-now” successors for at least 50%of key leadership roles within the first 18 months of tenure. Ensure that we are making progress towards this succession plan objective by evaluating/changing talent or developing existing personnel to be “ready-now”.
- In conjunction with all direct reports, construct actionable individual development plans, focused on employee development but also succession planning.
- At least 10 years of relatable Materials or Supply Chain experience with at least 5 years of leading related teams in a global structure.
- Must have demonstrated thorough understanding of materials planning (MRP, Kanban, Re-Order point/Safety Stock) methods by having been a materials planner or inventory planner in the past.
- Must have demonstrated understanding of integrated supply chain planning from initial demand forecast, to unconstrained capacity (supply) planning on through master production scheduling and supporting material & inventory planning.
- Possess strong and sound continuous improvement disciplines and convictions; Proven success in these areas is a must.
- Proven track record that demonstrates ability to achieve desired results
- Strong people & organizational leadership skills: Person of true convictions; Willing to stand up for those convictions; Able to communication, reinforce and coach/counsel others on those convictions; Unafraid of change / improvement.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, both in 1-to-1 situations and group settings
- Interpersonal skills that could be described as “firm but fair”; Objective yet compassionate in evaluating performance; Connect all people of the organization to the mission and goals of the organization.
- Ability to prioritize very well and maintain appropriate balance in a fast-paced, heavy-workload environment.
- Sound problem-solving skills in both functional areas of operations and interpersonal relationship management.
- Bachelors degree in a technical or business discipline.
- Graduate degree in business (i.e. MBA) is highly desired but not a requirement.
- Work Location: Position to be located in the United States at an existing TE facility; Preferably a current TE Sensors location.
- Travel Requirements: Up to 50% (domestic and international)
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.