|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
Materials planner responsible for planning, scheduling, and monitoring the movement of material through the production cycle. Work with external vendors in order to determine quantity and order dates for materials which meet customer delivery requirements. Initiate purchase or production reqs. compliant with supply agreements.
- Act as the key planning team point of contact for your products, Create and schedule manufacturing orders to support production schedule/plan. Manage the purchase of components to meet promised deliveries against customer orders.
- Be responsible for control of inventory levels; depending on demand to ensure sufficient stock is available while at the same time ensuring an optimum stock turn through effective planning.
- The position directly influences the short-term business performance of the company in terms of target attainment, controls the response to customer orders, the amount of money tied up in stock.
- Receive requests for expedites from the customer care organization and decide on appropriate action to meet the needs of our customers.
- Prepare and process purchase (MRO) requests, while considering quality, price, and availability of materials and services. Performs relevant product research and update system accordingly.
- Maintain excellent communications with the customer service organization and, in the event of changes to the plan for their orders, ensure they are fully informed on their order status and any changes for delay.
- Represent the planning team on logistics projects relating to your products
- Respond to customer order requests utilizing SAP and communications system
- Oversee production schedules in order to hit or exceed targeted STS and STR delivery goals
- Process SAP blocks daily; address new customer orders, expedites, change orders, and early warnings
- Resolve MRP reason codes daily
- High School Diploma required; Associates Degree preferred.
- Demonstrate past capabilities to learn computer systems (Microsoft office skills as an example, past ERP experience preferred but not required.)
- Strong communication skills, the ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment, work collaboratively with your peers. Particular focus for this role is placed on a clear and professional telephone manner and the ability to build cross business (internal/external) relationships both on the phone, email and face to face.
- The ability to work under pressure, be flexible, reliable and able to deliver results per specific targets in direct support of departmental goals and objectives.
- Strong organization skills.
- Display willingness to make decisions. Supports and explains reasoning for decisions. Includes appropriate individuals in decision making process. Makes timely decisions.
- Demonstrate ability to resolve conflicts and problems.
- Exhibits professionalism, approaches others in a tactful manner. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Reacts well under pressure. Accepts responsibility for their own actions
- The ability to adapt to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Must be proficient in English language
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.