|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you have a passion for learning and teaching others? Do you have experience working as an IT Compliance Manager or Data Governance Manager? Do you have a deep understanding of how to assess legal and regulatory requirements or compliance controls and translate them into a technical implementation? Are you compelled to stay current and relevant as security solutions become more interconnected and evolve over time? If so, be a part of the digital transformation at Microsoft by building technical learning and certification experiences that help current and aspiring IT Compliance professionals build and maintain their skills!
Microsoft Learning is the spiritual leader of the learning culture within Microsoft. We are tasked with empowering those who empower the world through learning. Every year, millions of IT professionals and Developers use our learning products to build their skills. We are building a new Security, Compliance and Identity (SCI) content team that will focus on SCI job roles that span traditional Microsoft products and solutions. To staff that team, the SCI content team is looking for a seasoned IT Compliance professional to design, create and maintain a curriculum that provides a world-class learning experience for our customers, partners and employees. This candidate also needs to exhibit a visible passion for training customers, and ideally, has experience as a content developer (training or documentation), technical writer/trainer, or as a technical presenter/speaker.
This role will coordinate with the various SCI product groups to ensure our learning assets are connected to Microsoft’s message, creating a learning experience that helps our learners be successful. Strong communication and cross-group collaboration skills are necessary as you will be expected to stay plugged into the product teams to keep abreast of rapid product changes as the compliance space evolves over time. You will evaluate new features or products and curate existing content assets, create net-new content, and/or update existing content based on those changes. You will manage the content development process from concept and skills analysis all the way through final product release. Proven project management skills are essential to this role to keep projects on-track and on-budget during the content development life cycle. We want you to be our “authoritative source” for compliance related content for IT Professionals. You will need to be able to think creatively because we are working on innovative ways for our customers to access the right learning at the right time with new form factors and delivery technologies.
Primary roles and responsibilities of this position:
- Design, author and publish the highest quality learning experiences for security audiences. This includes hands on labs, text, videos and interactive activities.
- Work with Microsoft Product Groups to curate content as well as create, refine, and align the learning experience with product lifecycles.
Knowledge / Experience / Abilities needed:
- Deep understanding of policies and rulesfor data loss prevention tools and/or compliance configuration tools.
- Experience translating compliance requirements into technical implementations.
- Strong project management, communication, and cross-group collaboration capabilities.
- A minimum of 5 years hands-on experience in Microsoft technology solutions for compliance management such as Advanced eDiscovery,retention and archiving, audit, and Microsoft Information Protectiontechnologies.
- Experience deploying technologies that enable monitoring of insider activities, creating risk indicators utilized to flag potential high-risk incidents and determining remediation.
- Experience developing an incident response plan in conjunction with corporate investigations and legal teams.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.