|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you have a passion for data analytics and technology? Do you get excited about knowing the details of a system, its data, and driving business insight? Do you often ask yourself, what if I had access to key data sources at my fingertips and was empowered to help make sense of it? Do you enjoy working with dynamic people to solve complex business problems? If you love a challenge, have a passion for results, and have exemplary program management, project management, people management and cross-group collaboration skills, we want you. This position is responsible for managing a portfolio of Data Analytics and Technology projects including driving value to the business, quality, and execution excellence.
The Audit, Risk and Compliance Group (ARC) is looking for a Data Analytics Group Manager to join its Strategy and Solutions team (SAS). You will be responsible for creating data and analytics-driven culture within the ARC group by leveraging Microsoft technologies, developing and leveraging existing reporting and analytics resources to support internal audit projects, compliance, and risk management activities. Opinions, decisions, and insights offered by the different teams within the Audit Group need to be supported with accurate and timely data.
The ability to understand the underlying data needs of our business partners, to access and manipulate a large set of data, and to provide business insights are critical to this role. You will grow and empower a talented team of Data Analytics Managers, and you will work with our key partners across Microsoft to create, drive and deliver user experiences that support and scale our business functions. This person must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills while maintaining a positive can-do attitude.
As a leader and manager within our organization you will be responsible for fostering a culture of respect, integrity, and inclusion where everyone can do their best work
- You will be a talent attractor to the organization
- A mentor to your team members, helping them develop the Technology and analytical skills they need to succeed and grow in their role
- A role model to the organization
As a Technical and Analytics leader, you will create a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. You will:
- Build and execute the vision meeting or exceeding industry solutions, while enlisting our partners in that success.
- Engage with Core Finance Engineering team, FDE, ML and AI groups, and other engineering and Finance groups within Microsoft to get innovative strategic ideas and leverage them to deliver on our technology north star
- Build connective tissue across ARC and external stakeholders via analytics, technology, and process.
- Manage a portfolio of projects. Direct, counsel, and lead people, with relevant skills for taking current ongoing projects to the next level and support digital transformation in ARC.
- Partner with auditors, investigators, risk managers, and compliance managers to understand business requirements, provide your thought process and lead your team to develop solutions and reporting based on available data sources, and provide ad-hoc analysis as needed
- Design, implement and integrate proof of concepts of technology (Machine Learning, AI, Robotics Process Automation, etc.), data and visualization projects.
- Create documentation, tools, and processes to support team goals. Ensure integrity of all processes/data in audit-related applications including Audit Management system, EGRC and other systems.
- Raise the technical knowledge of the group through training and continuous professional development.
- Identify and promote opportunities for simplification and proactively challenge existing processes.
- 12+ years of business intelligence and analysis, data governance, data warehousing or other enterprise scale data strategies experience. Familiar with data visualization tools like Power BI, RPA solutions, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Proficient with Microsoft BI stack: SSAS, SSRS, SSIS, Power Platform, and knowledge of R/Python
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and an open mind to take to make projects successful with hands-on experience applying it to company-wide data.
- Sophisticated cross-organizational leadership and influence skills
- Proven people management, and project management skills in building strong, effective, and self-directed virtual teams.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.