|Job Type:||Full Time|
Business Program Manager, Commerce & Ecosystems, Cloud Commercial Communities – Marketplace & Partner Team
The Marketplace Experiences PM team within the Commerce and Ecosystems (C+E) engineering group is looking for a high energy and motivated individual to help us define the future of Marketplace business models, offer types, and experiences, particularly with respect to ISV software built for Microsoft seat-based services (M365 and D365). This role represents an opportunity to tackle one of the biggest growth areas for Microsoft: driving accelerated growth of business applications with our partner ecosystem and building cross-cloud capabilities and experiences into marketplace. You will see features through from conception, to cross-organizational alignment, to agreed-upon specifications, and finally to launch. In this role you will be responsible for representing the voice of the partner and our business stakeholders within the engineering process, and will work closely with teams across Microsoft including One Commercial Partner and Cloud Marketing.
This person will be responsible for:
- Defining marketplace business requirements for ISVs building solutions on M365, D365, and Power Platform services and experiences.
- Developing publisher experiences for new types of offers and business models.
- Gathering and integrating firsthand market input from ISVs and customers to inform experience design, engagement methods, and user experiences.
- Creating launch plans for new capabilities in conjunction with marketing and partner teams.
- Defining methods of measurement and metrics to quantify the success of 3rd party solutions in seat-based businesses.
- Reporting to senior business and technical leaders within Microsoft on progress and plans.
- Working directly with customers, partners, engineers, and account teams to resolve issues and improve experiences.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in product management, product marketing, or related fields (e.g., business planning, consulting).
- Working knowledge of how engineering teams evaluate and deliver features, and at least one common project management process (e.g., Agile).
- Aptitude for framing, analyzing, and solving complex problems.
- Experience applying decision and prioritization frameworks.
- Ability to leverage other’s work and make connections between projects to benefit Microsoft and its ecosystem broadly.
- Exceptional community building skills and cross-group coordination experience.
- Ability to manage ambiguity, identifying systemic approaches to solving problems.
- Results driven; strong analytical skills with exceptional verbal and written communication.
- BS/BA degree.
- Experience developing seat-based business models and financial forecasts.
- Understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging trends.
- A functional knowledge of business concepts such as ROI and gross vs. EBIT margins.
- A capacity for strategic planning in conjunction with a detail-oriented focus.
- MBA degree.
This role will be based in Redmond, Washington and has light travel requirements (0-10%).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.