|Job Type:||Full Time|
Did you know that Microsoft delivers more than 200 online services to more than one billion individuals worldwide? Microsoft Capacity Supply Chain and Provisioning (CSCP) is the team behind Microsoft’s expanding Cloud Infrastructure and responsible for powering Microsoft’s “Intelligent Cloud” mission. CSCP delivers the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Microsoft Azure, Skype, Teams and OneDrive.
The Hardware and Strategic Planning (HSP) organization within Azure manages hardware roadmap planning and program management from concept through production for all of Microsoft’s current and future on-line services. Well-defined and executed strategic planning ensures products meet the requirements for performance, features, and time-to-market. The ability to draw insights from a deep understanding of the cloud HW Infrastructure landscape and industry trends is critical in informing the roadmap and planning decisions.
As a Strategic Planner, you will drive engagement with technology providers, understand their product portfolio and roadmap, work with internal partners and strategize how 1st and 3rd part technology solutions intercept Azure hardware infrastructure roadmap. The role will involve driving requirements with technology providers that enable the growth of the Azure cloud business and give it a competitive edge over other cloud service providers. Join our HSP team and be a part of the world’s fastest growing cloud service!
- Work with 1st and 3rd party technology providers, understand their portfolios, partner with engineering and business groups and drive a competitive and executable hardware roadmap strategy for Azure hardware infrastructure.
- Deep dive into CPU feature set, quantitively compare various CPU offerings and come up with recommendations and strategy that give a unique edge to Azure hardware infrastructure.
- Partnering with engineering team members to gather and define server design objectives and business goals
- Perform roadmap scenario modeling, financial modeling, and market analysis for the recommended HW platform factoring in performance, features, cost, and time-to-market tradeoffs
- Drive internal alignment on commodity technology platform POR.
- Recommend internal and external process improvements and excellence conversations cross functionally to ensure we have optimized processes and aligned across partner teams
- Create, maintain and effectively disseminate project communication to stakeholders
- Minimum BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar field/experience.
- 10+ years industry experience in managing the technical programs or devices from definition to delivery
- Knowledge of server technology and x86 architecture is requirement
- Effective presentation skills
- Proven customer obsession in prior roles where customer requirements were gathered and implemented into a product
- Product Planning or Project Management experience is desired
- Proven capabilities to drive positive business results by working across multiple organizations.
- Experience working in HW Infrastructure Engineering Groups
- Ability to build relationships and influence in a matrix organization
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to present to a wide range of cross functional partners across different teams and levels of the organization
- Self-motivated, driven individual who can work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work in an ambiguous business environment with competing business tasks
- Familiarity and previous experience developing programs through phase gate process is preferred
- Experience working with Microsoft Project or similar project management software
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.