|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you enjoy software development and working directly with customers? Can you code in more languages than you know what to do with? Do you enjoy solving complex problems in novel ways across a myriad of platforms? Are you excited about working across a broad spectrum of domains including Cloud Native, DevOps, IoT, Machine Learning, and High Scale Compute?
The Commercial Software Engineering (CSE) team is a global engineering organization that works directly with customers looking to leverage the latest technologies to address their toughest challenges and transform their industries using cloud-based solutions. We work closely with our customers’ engineers to develop code to jointly solve their biggest challenges to accelerate progress in their organization. In the process, we help shape the future of our own platforms by partnering with our product groups to improve them. We pride ourselves on making contributions to open source and make our platforms easier to adopt.
We sit side-by-side with our customers to collaboratively innovate custom solutions tailored to solve their challenges. Our work involves the development of high-impact, open source software assets that contribute to the Microsoft platform that are broadly applicable. We are looking for an experienced software designer and developer with fluency in open source platforms and several coding languages, who thrives in working in a community model within our team.
Be respectful and inclusive – As a group, we work to build consensus with our teammates and customers. We’re looking for the sort of person who enjoys a culture that ensures that all voices and perspectives are heard and considered.
- Contribute to our software engineering projects to deliver well-defined products that generate immediate customer value and deliver high-quality, broadly applicable software contributions
- Collaborate with customers’ developers to deliver solutions using a wide range of technologies
- Continuously build your technical knowledge and mentor junior team members to drive excellence in engineering as a cohesive, efficient, and productive unit
- In CSE, the Senior software engineering role is 80% hands-on and rest will be focusing on architecture & design, upskilling, mentoring the team
We do not believe that any specific education major is a requirement to be successful in this role. We are open to all backgrounds and are looking for candidates with demonstrated ability to deliver on the responsibilities below.
- 5+ years of experience shipping or running production systems and/or software, including complex production systems that run on a public cloud
- Strong service delivery experience including architecture and coding, and ideally building cloud services
- We do not require deep expertise in all software stacks that customers use. However, we do look for technical acumen in a mix of open-source and Microsoft based cloud and expertise one software stack (and preferably more)
- Experience working within and directing geographically dispersed, diverse, and virtual teams
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or the equivalent
- Enjoy travel and are comfortable with regional travel up to 25%
At Microsoft we are seeking people who have a passion for the positive impact technology can have on the communities and for making a difference in the world. Within CSE, we have an informal and flexible work environment and you’ll be welcome to work from home, our offices, customer sites– wherever is best for you to get your job done. We invest in your health, wellness and financial future by offering a competitive package including a wide range of benefits built around your personal needs and those close to you.
We welcome diversity of all kinds. Our team includes many perspectives, cultures, educational backgrounds, life stages, identities, and technical skills, and we believe this contributes to our success and that of our customers. If you love writing quality code and learning new technologies, enjoy thinking about challenging engineering problems and, above all, if you’re excited to join a team of others to do the same, then we’d love to hear from you.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.