|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Redmond, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Would you like to join a high-performing team that works hard to cultivate a positive team culture and drive impact? The Corporate Controller Team (CCT) has an opening in one of its key roles that provides the unique opportunity to partner with several of our Finance leaders.
The Finance Controller Team is part of CCT and has financial responsibility for a large and complex portfolio. The team is responsible for financial performance management, including: financial reporting and analysis, long range planning, forecasting, budgeting, resource allocation, and accounting controls and compliance activities.
The Finance Controller Team partners with Amy Hood’s Finance Organization which includes OPEX, COGS, and headcount.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who can deliver outstanding financial and accounting management as well as a sound perspective that helps move the business forward through impact initiatives. This dynamic, proactive Senior Finance Manager will take the lead in partnering with several leaders throughout the Finance organization at the CVP and GM level.
Core Job responsibilities:
- Build, maintain, and drive robust financial models to help guide / influence business decisions and to support forecasting, budgeting, and restatements. High Attention to detail required in this role.
- Develop trusted business partnerships with senior leaders through deep understanding of their business and proactive financial management, as well as strengthening relationships with other key stakeholders in HR, Procurement, and the broader CFT
- Lead key financial rhythms that include working closely with many different work stream owners to meet P&L objectives, report results through monthly close, and build an independent viewpoint to provide team-based outlook, including risk assessments and mitigating steps to support quarterly CFO Reviews.
- Analyze and present executive quality financial results performance to leadership teams in a crisp manner. This includes monitoring business health, P&L trends, key drivers, resource investments against plan/forecast assumptions and proposing spend optimization where appropriate.
- Ensure that financial results are stated accurately and in accordance with accounting policy and ensure business proposals and changes to existing processes are covered by appropriate policies, align with finance rhythm and have sound internal controls in place.
- Drive cost efficacy initiatives through financial analysis, reporting and process improvements
- Enhance existing processes for consistency, standardization and to increase efficiencies and implement new financial processes as needed
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Minimum 6 years of demonstrated work experience in finance and or accounting, or similar. CPA or MBA is a plus.
- Financial reporting/modeling and internal controls & compliance experience with demonstrated skills in problem solving and project management
- Excellent communication skills, including partnering and executive presence
- Results driven orientation and ability to see issues through to completion in a timely manner
- Highly effective individual with ability to think creatively and work independently in an ambiguous and changing environment - ability to manage multiple, competing projects/priorities across multiple groups
- Detail oriented & thorough, with ability to think “big picture” and understand the key trends and levers that drive the business
- Strong analytical skills and attention to reporting accuracy
- Ability to identify and implement process-related improvements
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.