|Location:||Charlotte, North Carolina, Redmond, Washington, Reston, Virginia, San Francisco, California, Sunnyvale, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Microsoft Real Estate and Security Team (RE&S) is focused on enabling every organization and individual at Microsoft to achieve more. There are over 120,000 Microsoft employees that call Microsoft their workplace. Our team strives every day to deliver the workspaces and services that enable individuals to achieve their highest potential. If you share our passion, thrive on big challenges with broad impact and want to join a team of innovators in Corporate Real Estate, then this is a fantastic opportunity for you! The RE&S Team is looking for an energetic and innovative compliance professional to take on the role of Compliance Manager.
The RE&S Compliance Manager is responsible for driving proactive risk management by developing, implementing, and monitoring internal controls for business and real estate risks. This individual will collaborate across all RE&S teams and with our trusted business partners in Finance, Procurement, and CELA to deliver results. The RE&S Compliance Manager will implement a global control framework for Anti-Corruption / Anti-Bribery and high-risk business processes.
The ideal candidate should understand the criticality of compliance to Microsoft's success and have experience designing and implementing various compliance controls across large and complex organizations. This individual should be organized, self-motivated, have a strong attention to detail, and robust communication skills to help build and execute initiatives in a fast-paced environment.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a global control framework for Anti-Corruption / Anti-Bribery risks and general business risks such as procurement and conflicts of interest.
- Establish tailored control frameworks for strategic real estate projects and critical real estate functions to mitigate compliance risks.
- Collaborate across RE&S and our business partners to fully operationalize compliance controls.
- Develop clear, high-quality, well-documented processes that exceed industry benchmarks.
- Assess for continuous improvement and ensure effectiveness of controls for proactive risk management.
- Act as a trusted advisor and compliance subject matter expert for the organization.
- Partner with cross organizational stakeholders including, Internal Audit, Procurement, Finance and Legal in support of compliance activities and issue escalation/remediation.
- Demonstrate the compliance culture by acting as a role model for values, ethics, professional conduct and belief in the Microsoft culture.
- A or B.S. in Business Administration, Real Estate, Architecture, Finance, Accounting, Project Management or another related field
- 4+ years’ experience in the corporate real estate field, including real estate development, real estate consulting, construction, civil engineering, architecture or a related field
- 4+ years experience in the evaluation, design, implementation and monitoring of compliance controls or processes
- Ability and desire to embrace ambiguity, problem solve, and deliver solutions, in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Collaborative business partner with the ability to influence across functional and regional boundaries
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills, and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a large multinational environment
- Willingness and capability to travel occasionally
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.