|Job Type:||Full Time|
In Experience Collective, we believe in the power of a federated community to create and deliver holistic customer experiences and drive business impact at scale. A community that is made up of diverse styles, voices and views reflecting the diversity of our customers, and giving us the empathy to serve their needs. Nurturing and continuously evolving this culture is our shared responsibility, because we create better products together. We believe designing in the open empowers us all to move fast and build experiences without seams.
We share, we jam, we collaborate. We re-use rather than reinvent. We contribute to each other’s work to make it better. We work in small, cross-app, interdisciplinary teams to ensure we build experiences that are inclusive, efﬁcient and delightful. We make to think, we prototype and test. We work from small to large screens. We build both category-leading apps, and seamlessly connected experiences across them.
We tell compelling emotional stories to open space for innovation, win new customers and take our existing customers along. We push boundaries constantly because we believe in the magic of bold ideas. And because it’s our responsibility to strive to be best-in-class. We owe it to our company, and our customers.
Security and Compliance are arguably the most significant concerns for enterprises today. M365 Security + Compliance Team has been building momentum in this space and has become a market leader in several categories. As part of our evolution, we are innovating at a rapid pace, designing new experiences that extend from the security professional to the consumer spaces. If you are curious and have a passion for complexity, come join our multidisciplinary team of designers and creatives who are transforming the workplace.
The M365 Security + Compliance Team is looking for a talentedSenior Designerto join theCompliance Designteamto help shape the future of how enterprisesbetter understand regulation, manage and protect their data, and solve tough enterprise level problems like managing Insider Threats.If you love solving complex problems witha User Centered Design mindset and craftsmanship,collaborating closely with Product Managers and Engineers, andwant to shape one of the fastest growing product spaces atMicrosoft, we would love to hear from you.
While COVID-19 has us working remotely, we normally work in designstudiosthatare large, modern, open, spaces where designers, managers, and producers work collaboratively to craft experiences thatfocus on solving the toughest enterprise level problems, all while having a great time.We are huge fans of sticky notes, whiteboard sketching, and using design thinking to drive impact across our products.Interaction, motion, and visual designers team up to share ideas andbuild the future of our Security and Compliance solutions.Every studiopartnerswith top-notch teams of program managers, developers, producers, and researchers who advise on release dates, technological challenges, and customer feedback. If coding constraints are just another piece of the design puzzle for you, andyou areexcited about expanding your design skills across visual, interaction, and motion design--we want to talk to you.
All designersintheM365S+Cdesign studiosmust have a clear understanding of each phase of the design process: information architecture + interaction design, research + usability, rapid prototyping, visual + motion design, brand integration, and content creation. You will be expected to broaden your technical understanding as new technologies emerge, andyou willget the chance to apply it and your growing design expertise as roles in and across the studios evolve.
You will prove UX concepts at a variety of fidelities, throughout the design process. You will deliver code that is flexible and can be iterated upon, with an understanding of what to fake and what to make. The front-end interactions you bring to life will also inspire leaders to invest in new ideas.
You will collaborate withpms, engineers, designers, and security researchers to explore and craft experiences forbleeding edgeand state of the art technology.
You will work directly on new and emerging solutions to some of our customers toughest problemsand use your UX and Design skills to help bring clarity to problems, define direction foryour partner teams, and design world classexperiences. You willbe responsible for coordinating design efforts across multiple stakeholders, Product Managers, Developers, and designers with your area of ownership.
- Grow Security & Compliance toolkit by pioneering new practices andmethodologies
- Participate in and/or facilitate design brainstorming and worksessions
- Produce mood boards, storyboards, design briefs, sketches, visual language guidelines, visual comps, prototypes, scenarios, process flows, information architecture diagrams,wireframes, and other artifacts required to develop and evolve user experiencedesigns
- Support design ideas through excellent influencing and communication skills
- Implement and/or evolveMicrosoft's visual design language (including grid, typography,colorand other design-language patterns)
- Work with user researchers to coordinate testing efforts, interpret test results, and incorporate results into designefforts
- Understand the array of technical constraints, user goals and business requirements that shape current and futureproducts
- Partner with product management and engineering to drive innovation and incubation of newideas
- Guide innovation efforts in collaboration with stakeholders to find designs optimally balancing company, stakeholder, and userneeds
- Present complex design concepts to key stakeholders and business partners
- Contribute to annual, quarterly, and monthly strategic planning in support of keyobjectives
- Work alongside design leads, lead program managers, research scientists, and senior product engineering taking breakthrough ideas and turning them into human and meaningful product experiences.
- Contribute to,define,and develop interaction patterns for new S+C experiencesacross multiple surfaces.
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers to continually raise our bar for quality, fit and finish.
- Inspire, and work side-by-side with a diverse team of product and communication designers, design engineering, producers, UX researchers, contributing to platform-wide experiences, supporting the vision and roadmap from conception until release (and then some).
- 7+ years of industry experience.
- 4+ years in Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Adobe XD, or other User Interface design tooling
- Demonstrate an unwavering ability to stare ambiguity straight in the face and chart a course to create, innovate, with a stark white blank canvas.
- Ability to work with little initial direction, proactively communicating far and wide ensuring transparency and visibility.
- Solid understanding of cross platform design systems and technical frameworks
- Ability to demonstrate and present an in-depth knowledge of fundamental engineering practices
- Ability to communicate insight effectively to all levels of stakeholders – from top executives to feature teams
- Must have a portfolio featuring platform-wide systems design.
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end product design.
- Passion for new, emerging technologies such as, but not limited to,Artificial Intelligence, Human Conversational Interfaces, or Machine Learning
- Experience with Security space is a plus, but not a requirement
- Recent use and knowledge of Artificial Intelligence and IOT, a plus.
- Bachelor's/Master’s degree in Computer science,Human Computer Interaction, interaction design, industrial design, communication design, architecture, or equivalent experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.