About the role
We are seeking a full-time contract Order Management Specialist for six months who will report to the Production Supervisor. The work is entirely in the office where in accordance with Oregon laws, our site requires the use of a face mask at all times. The successful candidate will work closely with our supply chain and manufacturing teams for the creation of new work orders according to our production plan. They will also be responsible for closing completed work orders into inventory.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Create work orders for the Manufacturing team according to the Production Plan.
- Release work orders on schedule to Manufacturing.
- Request raw material purchases from Procurement as needed.
- Follow-up on items requiring Procurement.
- Issue materials and labor to work orders upon completion by Manufacturing.
- Close work orders and deliver documentation to Product Data and Operations/Assembly.
- Identify inaccuracies on work orders and consult with Manufacturing and/or Product Data.
- Seek improvements to processes to improve efficiency and quality.
- Other duties as required.
- Maintain a safe and healthy workplace.
- Comply with Abcam’s Global Quality Standards
You are a hardworking and proven high performer in your previous roles. You are a detail-oriented individual who possesses excellent communication and organizational skills. You thrive in a fast-paced and sociable team environment. If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Position requires prolonged stints of office work
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience with SAP Business One or similar ERP.
- Experience with Trello, MS Planner, or similar project-management boards.
- Experience with using Bills of Materials.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Familiarity with chemical names.
- Familiarity with various volume and mass units of measure.
- Ability to type accurately to transcribe written documents into a digital inventory system.
- Prior experience working in a team-oriented environment.
- Confident and effective communicator; inter-departmental, with managers as well as peers.
- Demonstrated experience solving problems both individually and by recruiting help from others.
- Office setting 100%
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.