|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want have impact on growth across all key Microsoft businesses (Azure, Office, Windows)? Do you want to help deliver a true multi-session Windows 10 and Office 365 Pro Plus virtual desktop and app experience on any device? If so, the Remote Desktop team is the place for you.
Windows Virtual Desktop is a comprehensive desktop and app virtualization service running on Azure. It’s the only virtual desktop infrastructure that delivers simplified management, multi-session Windows 10, optimizations for Office 365 ProPlus, and support for Remote Desktop Services environments. In addition to Windows Virtual Desktop our team is focused on supporting our thriving OnPrem solutions through client applications for all major platforms, personal desktop connections, and Windows Server roles.
As part of the Remote Desktop Data and Intelligence team you will be responsible for generating insights, improving quality, and driving impact to the scenarios and experiences enabled by the team though
- Data architecture, modeling, and design
- Instrumentation strategies
- Data analysis at large scale including machine learning and visualization
The ideal candidate needs to demonstrate proven collaboration skills and be passionate about delighting customers through high quality E2E experiences. Possess the ability to bring broad product, customer, and market context into data analyses. And have a high capacity to learn and adapt to new technologies and engineering processes quickly.
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- 5+ years of architectural design, programming experience, and skills in relevant programing languages such as Java, C++, C, and/or C#
- Experience with databases, SQL, data warehousing, data mining, machine learning, distributed storage, and computation platforms such as Hadoop, and Spark are highly desirable.
- Experience in SaaS, application remoting and desktop virtualization, is a plus.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.