|Job Type:||Full Time|
With over 12,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of Microsoft’s end-to-end customer experience. This newly established organization reflects Microsoft’s ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customers’ expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The CE&S organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, but also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to customer success.
The Delivery Design and Management Programs team is looking for a seasoned Business Program Manager to drive the design of Support Delivery Management and Customer Success orchestration activities to support the evolution Customer Success Account Manager role and delivery on Connected Customer Experience goals of Customer Success and Experience organization. This role will focus on building out the Service Delivery Management Activities needed to enable Operational Health and drive support for Complex Customers scenarios from Global Customers, Public Sector Customers and other large Customer Scenarios in our Unified Support Offering.
The core responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- Drive the design process for Service Delivery Management to enable Complex Customer Scenarios as part of the Unified Support and Premier offerings
- Drive the creation of all relevant delivery guidance, process and tools requirements, job aides and readiness content to support the Delivery and execution of the Program.
- Lead cross group virtual project team towards execution of program goals and creation of deliverables.
- Deliver program and project deliverables aligned to PMO requirements and deadlines.
- Establish program charter, timelines, and stakeholder map for programs you are managing.
- 5+ years’ experience working in Support Services and/or delivery, having a strong understanding of account aligned delivery. Deep understanding of Microsoft Support businesses and the roles of Technical Account Manager (TAM), Service Center, Premier Field Engineering and Customer Service and Support in executing this service. Demonstrated understanding of the business models and value drivers for both Microsoft and our customers.
- Hands-on experience with current Premier Support delivery processes as well as the and the new Microsoft Unified Support offerings portfolio. A plus if experience was obtained working with customers as a TAM or Delivery leader on Global or Public Sector Customers.
- Experience in driving change programs and dealing with change management (e.g. Prosci) and Project Management Methodologies (i.e. PMI and/or PRINCE2) a plus.
- Experience working across geographies and an understanding of how to drive complex projects utilizing global virtual teams and engaging key area leaders in emerging and mature markets.
- Effectively collaborate with senior leaders in Sales, Operations, Marketing, and Domain Delivery teams in addition to field-based Account Aligned leaders and establish strong working relationships and rhythms in a matrixed environment.
- Strong communication skills to effectively drive recommendations and land priorities across senior executives, and across organizational boundaries.
- Ability to resolve ambiguity or conflict situations to bring global teams and business groups into alignment.
- Strong analytical skills, combined with a strategic orientation, as well as an aptitude for solving complex business problems are also critical for success in this role.
Location and Travel: We are targeting this role in the Washington but open to Americas time zone locations. Worldwide field travel is required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.