|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform,inspireand grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Come work for the SAP Platformteam and help shape the future of business process at Microsoft! Our team is accountable for Microsoft’s internal SAP ERP suite of solutions. We are seeking aSr.Software Engineering Manager to join the team to help drivetheSAP platformdevelopment engineering domain with focus on ABAP and SAPUI development.
As part ofSAP Platformteam, our team members make a global impact on millions of customers and thousands of employees who use mission-critical ERP software and services. TheSr.Software Engineering Manager responsibilities span building,mentoring,and leading a diverse team of SAP Software Engineers as they engage with partners and customers to deliver SAP products and capabilities. This means,working closely with peers across teams (inside Engineering and across the company) to help build flexible and high-performing Enterprise Resource Platform (ERP) features to support Microsoft’sbusinessneeds by contributing to the definition of SAP products and service vision, creating and communicating scalable world-class designs, implementing the functionality and running the ongoinglivesiteresponsibilities post go-live.
This is a data-driven and fast paced environment - where Software Engineers are empowered to innovate and take ideas from conception to scale. It is a great opportunity to work on something highly strategic to Microsoft!
- Develop and grow a healthy, diverse team and mentor great engineers and be a great role model of a service quality first -obsessed and data-driven Engineering Lead.
- Develop standards for SAPDevelopmentdesigns, interfaces,code, and quality bestpractices.
- Anticipate, identify, assess,trackand mitigate project risks andissues.
- Drive stronglivesitefocus and operationaloptimization.
- Architect and build mature service capabilities (telemetry & monitoring, self-healing and self-service, scalability etc.)
- Build, mentor and lead a diverse high-performance team of SAP Software Engineers
- Collaborate with Program Managers,Architects,and business stakeholders for workforce planning & demand planning in an agile/DevOps context.
- Work with Program Managers and Architects to refine roadmaps, delivery plans, define end to end business outcomes and associated metrics.
- 8+ years of previous SAP development experience in ABAPdevelopmentin core SAP Modules likeMM,PM,APO, SCM,SD,PPandFI/CO
- 5+ years of experience leading high performing SAP Engineering teams
- 6+ years of experience in developing ABAP Objects, ALE/IDocs, ODATA V2 or V4, RFC, BAPI, BADI, User Exits,Webdynpro, AUT, ATC,SAPScripts,Smartforms, Adobe Forms, Workflow, Business Events, and Enhancements
- 4+ years of experience in service design, road mapping capabilities, standardscreation,and operational strategy
- 2+ years of experience in ABAP 7.4x or 7.5x
- 2+ years of experience in developing CDS(Core Data Services) views, AMDP(ABAP Managed Database Procedures), BOPF(Business Object Processing Framework), SADL(Service Adaptation Description Language), MDE(Metadata Extensions) and annotations, ABAP development in Eclipse, SQL Script
- 1+ Year of development experience with SAP HCP and HCP Cloud SDK
- Experience in agile / DevOps development methodologies, running feature teams or SCRUM training.
- Deep understanding of SAP and Microsoft integration technologies
- Experience in building design patterns, best practices and automating developmentstandards.
- Excellent understanding of software engineering practices
- Strong cross group collaboration abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to succeed in ambiguousenvironment.
- Sound problem resolution, judgment, negotiating, anddecision-makingskills.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience isrequired.
- A track record of technical expertise, exemplary designs and implementations, ideation and delivery of innovative services, features,toolsand engineering approaches.
Preferred, not required:
- HANA Certification
- S/4 HANA development experience.
- Experience with ABAP ATC, CVA, Code Coverage
- Knowledge of Python,Node.Jsand Cloud Foundry
- Knowledge of SAP Gateway, ABAP Channels, RESTful ABAP Programming Model
- Knowledge of CCLM, SCMON or UPL
- Knowledge of SAP integration tools like SLT, SDI, HCI and SDA
- Experience working within teams engaged in a global deliverymodel
- Experience with a variety of SDLC methodologies such as: Waterfall, SCRUM, or other agile methodologies
- Enterprise IT experience, preferably with ERP
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.