|Job Type:||Full Time|
Be part of the Mobile First, Cloud First excitement! The Microsoft Intune team delivers mobile device management, mobile application management and desktop computer management solutions from the Azure cloud. Using Intune, organizations can provide employees with access to corporate applications, data and resources from virtually anywhere, on platforms such as Windows, iOS, Android and others, all while helping to keep corporate information secure. Intune integrates closely with Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) for identity and access control, Azure Information Protection for data protection, and System Center Configuration Manager to extend management capabilities. Intune is part of the Enterprise Mobility + Security Suite, which is one of the fastest growing enterprise services within Microsoft.
Our team is looking for a team-oriented compliance manager with an engineering mindset and background capable of working within several areas: audit, privacy, risk management and security. You will provide guidance and direction across engineering disciplines and work to enhance Intune compliance objectives within infrastructure, services and with our customers. This role provides growth, learning, and training opportunities; you are expected to not only stay connected to the compliance industry and community, but to lead and share in the areas you specialize in.
You will be part of the Intune Compliance Team, which is building the infrastructure and processes required to ensure we can demonstrate the trust and transparency that our customers, regulators, and auditors demand.
Compliance Managers in this role will work to meet the current obligations while scaling our processes to support future demands. Effective processes often require working across dozens of engineering teams, while understanding the requirements and capabilities of the service. Our compliance team builds a prioritized view of the major challenges we need to solve to deliver improvements month over month.
Proven compliance, risk management, audit, security, communication, and project management skills along with the ability to manage cross discipline projects to successful completion are key to this role. The position requires a person that understands and works well with different groups, perspectives and processes. You must be able to work in a fast paced and agile environment. We are looking for someone who has the technical depth required to effectively communicate with SMEs from compliance, risk management, privacy, security, engineering, and other disciplines.
Role responsibilities include:
- Select, manage and lead discussions with engineering teams, customers, and external regulators to ensure that compliance obligations are understood and achievable in a fast-paced cloud computing environment
- Provide subject matter expertise to internal engineering groups and product teams with understanding of various compliance obligations, and working with them to develop roadmaps to achieve these compliance requirements
- Influence and provide input into the development of industry compliance standards as a Microsoft representative and subject matter expert
- Strategically partner with other stakeholders to continually identify trends and discover underlying issues that are important to quantify risks, guide decision making, and/or be used as a model for others to apply consistently
- Perform detailed risk assessments and stakeholder cross-training activities to enable risk-based decisions to remediate and or acknowledge high risk findings identified from various security and privacy technical assessments within Intune
Experience that will catch our attention
- 3-5 years of experience working in a DevOps environment within cloud engineering or related fields
- 5+ years of experience in Compliance Program Management, preferably at least 3 of those in audit, privacy or risk management roles
- 5+ years of professional experience in the computer software industry
- A. or B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent experience
- Advanced writing and communications skills: able to clearly articulate ideas for executive level consumption as well as technical staff consumption
- DevOps, SE, or SRE experience with an advanced understanding of IT operations and diverse IT architectures
- Experience working with Azure (Cloud Services, Active Directory, Information Protection), Intune, and/or System Center Configuration Manager
- Advanced project management skills: able to deliver cross-group projects and drive change
- Advanced problem-solving skills: able to use prior experience and knowledge to address new situations
- Direct experience with security, compliance and regulatory frameworks including: PCI DSS, ISO 27001, FedRAMP, HiTrust, SSAE/SOC 1 and 2
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.