|Job Type:||Full Time|
Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That’s what inspires us, drives our work and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. Through our cloud-first strategy, we strive to deliver solutions that are optimized for the world and enable customers to drive their business more successfully. In Microsoft’s Cloud Security division, we protect and empower customers to securely transform their organizations for the cloud. The scale of platforms and services we are building are among the largest in the world by far, and our adversaries are increasingly sophisticated and capable.
Work on the core of Azure, building and securing the foundation of the cloud and our customers. These highly scalable, secure, and reliable services run Azure itself. Collaborate with an inclusive team to deliver features and improve our engineering systems. Partner with other Azure teams to deliver solutions for a secure Azure platform. Build and manage security services with an Assume Breach mindset enabling detection and response of targeted attacks and persistent adversaries. Build the critical security foundations for the cloud to power the future of computing.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to help define, design, and implement these cloud-scale platform security services.
- Design, build with high quality, release and support the features that will help ensure Azure is the most secure cloud operating system in the world.
- Improving the fundamentals of the platform
- Creating feature specifications in co-ordination with your team
- Building prototypes and driving architectural design
- Attitude geared towards owning features and look to improving the quality bar for the team, product and company for customers.
- 2+ year of software and services development experience
- BA/BS in Computer Science (or relevant work experience)
- No security expertise required--just a passion to protect the planet with a getting things done attitude demonstrated by having worked on at least one internet scale system / service or at least desire to do so
- Customer focus and data driven approach
- End-to-end delivery and innovation
- Strength / interest in distributed systems
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.