|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about building and delivering great devices and technologies? The Surface Team focuses on building devices that fully express the Windows vision. A fundamental part of our strategy is having desirable and powerful devices that enable the experiences people want and elicit their excitement. Creating these devices involves a close partnership between experience teams, hardware and software engineers, designers, and manufacturing. We are currently building the next generation of products and Surface needs you!
- Manage a team of hardware and software program managers that will be responsible for developing and shipping custom and semi-custom camera modules and supporting software features.
- Build and maintain a high performing team through career planning and mentoring while establishing and driving best-in-class development processes and a “fail fast” culture of learning.
- You will be working at the cutting edge of hardware and software camera development, driving delivery of both current products as well as helping to define the future of our camera strategy in Surface.
- Define and drive the development process of hardware, software, and tools for cameras including schedule, budgeting, verification, triage, bug management and mitigations.
- Through your team you will generate regular communications to manage program risks, insights and top-level status to Surface management.
- Partner with our sourcing team to engage with, assess and manage external partners to meet schedule, cost, and feature deliverables for your programs.
- Forecast and manage program budgets each fiscal year and, with your team, author and execute statement of works with partners to meet those budgets.
- Interface closely with the community within Microsoft to set and execute on camera scenarios, supporting specifications and feature solutions for Surface products.
- Partner with engineering leads on the OS, applications and Surface teams to define, drive and communicate the camera technologies and imaging roadmap for future Surface products.
- Collaborate across disciplines from research, design engineering and operations to bring those innovative technologies and algorithms to market.
- Ten or more years of experience in program management with experience shipping consumer products through multiple development lifecycles; experience with camera module and/or software is preferred.
- Minimum five years of experience managing a team tasked with running development programs with external international partners and vendors.
- Experience establishing and fostering strong relationships with domestic and international strategic partners.
- History of SOW, NRE and COGs negotiation with external partners.
- Knowledge of hardware/software development lifecycle process and experience improving the end to end process.
- Proven track record of forecasting for and managing to a yearly budget will working to leverage past work to improve future costs to the business.
- Experience driving camera bring-up and image tuning programs and knowledge of image pipelines preferred.
- Knowledge of CMOS and fingerprint sensors, lens design, actuator and substrate technologies and Camera / Video Software stack; windows software stack preferred.
- Knowledge of tooling, manufacturing, reliability and quality process with a demonstrated ability to call out issues and drive to solutions under pressure.
- Capable of facilitating and supporting cross team interactions with a proven track record of improving relations and productivity.
- Demonstrated ability to be detail-oriented, a self-starter with strong written and presentation skills.
- Ability to work across multiple disciplines and functions (Management, PM, Test,
- Hardware/Software Engineering, etc.).
- BS/MS in electrical engineering, computer engineering or a related field is preferred.
- Ability to travel domesticly and internationally.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.