|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Microsoft Edge team is looking for an experienced product leader for our Developer Tools team.
Microsoft Edge represents a great growth opportunity for the company. We adopted the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge to create better web compatibility for our customers and reduce fragmentation for all web developers. With the first stable version that was first released in January 2020, we built a strong foundation that has been well received by the community. We are now on a journey to help deliver on unmet customer needs while contributing to the Chromium OSS project, in a way that helps us move the broader web forward.
The Edge Developer Tools team is chartered to build web developer tools that help web developers build, optimize, test, and debug their sites and web-based applications. The team leads the charge for products like Edge DevTools, WebDriver, Webhint and more. They partner closely with Chromium DevTools, VS Code, TypeScript, Visual Studio and other internal/external teams and standards bodies, with a goal to empower web developers to build great end-to-end web-based experiences for end users. The team has made more than 850 contributions to the Chromium developer tools to date, and actively engages with the web developer community via various mediums.
As a Program Manager Lead on this team you will:
- Define the strategy and roadmap for developer tools for Microsoft Edge, including the integration with other Microsoft and industry tools like VSCode, Visual Studio and more
- Drive product definition plans to execute on the strategy and oversee execution of those plans
- Communicate effectively with the web developer community one-on-one and at scale
- Lead and stay actively engaged in open source efforts
- Lead and grow a great team of Program Managers, while helping define and advance team culture
- Partner with teams across the company, including Developer Division, Azure, Office and more, to deliver e2e value for web developers
We value individuals who are:
- Highly creative and can incorporate industry and competitive knowledge to tackle complex problems
- Self-starters who can think holistically and work independently
- Mature in their collaboration, negotiation and influencing skills
- Able to operate effectively with ambiguity
- Excellent at communication and utilize the value of different mediums effectively
- Hands-on, have an entrepreneurial passion and are comfortable with code
- Representatives of the Microsoft cultural attributes and leadership principles
- 6+ years of product management or technical product management or software development experience
- Broad understanding of the web platform, web developer workflows, and web tooling ecosystem
- Front-end/back-end web development knowledge/experience
- Passion for working with customers and advocating for product features that deliver on unmet needs
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Track record of building high functioning teams, including recruiting and retaining diverse talent
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.