|Job Type:||Full Time|
The opportunity around edge devices is significant and growing – there are already more connected things than people in the world! These devices, ranging from tiny MCU-based sensor devices to powerful datacenters, have a profound impact on our daily lives; from how we live, how we work, how we learn and how we connect. This growth continues to accelerate in a post-COVID world, with many of our customers and partners looking to accelerate their edge device implementations to find new ways to continue to conduct their business.
The Microsoft Azure Edge Devices (AED) team is chartered with building devices and experiences that help our ecosystem of partners and customers leverage Azure to accelerate their creation and adoption of the next generation of connected, intelligent, and autonomous edge solutions. We work across a wide range of industries, partner types, device form factors, and service technologies to enable new application scenarios, provide in-depth business insights and safeguard the security and privacy of our customer/partners data.
We are seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager with a deep program management background and demonstrated success leading large projects with aggressive schedules. You will need to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where people are continuously learning and always willing to roll-up their sleeves to get the job done.
- Provide the energy and drive to ensure our products ship – at the right time, with the right components and experiences, and at the right cost.
- Drive project schedules, dependencies, budgets, and resource management.
- Provide clarity across multiple disciplines and teams to ensure product goals are met.
- 5+ years of Technical Program Management experience delivering hardware and services (or equivalent).
- Ability to analyze products requirements, scope technical requirements, manage multiple software and hardware development efforts, and coordinate product launch.
- Experience with agile/iterative development and program management methodologies.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional, cross-organization teams to negotiate and assemble project plans, secure commitments on deliverables, and resolve blocking issues.
- Demonstrates teamwork and values that foster a positive team culture.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional stakeholder management and executive presentation skills.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.