|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams conceive original ideas for new products, introduce them into practice. They are responsible for product development, and qualification from market definition through production and release; assist in the qualification of suppliers for new products to ensure suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services for new or improved manufacturing processes; conduct feasibility studies, testing on new and modified designs; direct and support detailed design, testing, prototype fabrication and manufacturing ramp. The R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams provide all required product documentation including, but not limited to, Solid Model, 2D/3D production drawings, product specifications, and testing requirements. They create and modify detailed drawings and drafting or conceptual models from layouts, rough sketches or notes and contribute to design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of product. Typical fields of expertise include: materials, mechanics and systems, electrical, optics, chemistry, software, automation systems, packaging, testing and measurement, and manufacturing of electrical, mechanical and electronic components, products, and their integration into systems.
In this role, the candidate will:
- Lead a team of product development engineers responsible for high speed electrical connector, mechanical cages, and thermal designs (ex. QSFP DD, OSFP, QSFP, Etc..) for datacenter and communication systems. Designs will be focused on 112Gbs and beyond.
- Exhibit System level understanding of customer application, industry standards, and the IO design/concepts necessary to achieve necessary technical performance and design to unit cost targets.
- Collaboration on detail product requirements, oversee the development of design(s), analysis and testing for the IO products.
- Drive projects execution and cross functional collaboration. Formulate project execution plans- schedule, budget, and risk handling efforts. Establish resource plans
- Develop Platform approach to design solutions for future products. Detail understanding of the stamping, plating, molding and assembly processes required to manufacture IO products.
- Facilitate communications with internal and external (customer) teams to aid in defining product features and timing. Act as a technical partner and provide support to sales/FAE teams. Attend/support customer meetings and site visits.
- Interface with TE’s global engineering teams in support of global IO product development. Mentor, coach and develop employees and their careers. Model and foster desired core values and behaviors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, advance degree preferred.
- Hands on knowledge of high speed connector design and testing.
- 5 or more years in a product development role PLUS 2-5 years in engineering leadership
- project leadership experience
- Familiarity with datacenter architecture and products a plus.
- Pro/E/CREO design experience preferred.
- Familiarity with high speed signal integrity concepts.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.