Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Responsible for designing, developing, and implementing software solutions that meet business needs.
Works on more complex, less clearly-defined software projects under limited supervision. Applies a full understanding of established systems software development principles and best practices to analyze complex issues. Updates or modifies working methods in their own role/work area without the benefit of defined procedures.
Lead Software Engineers are expected to have a high level of knowledge of domain technologies, platforms and systems software development principles and best practices to independently resolve problems and make major changes to existing processes/systems.
- Modifies existing software to correct errors, adapt to new hardware,, upgrade interfaces, and improve performance.
- Develops and directs software system testing and validation procedures.
- Leads software programming and the development of technical documentation
- Consults with the business on project status, proposals, technical issues, software design, and maintenance.
- Analyzes information to determine, recommend, and plan installations of a new systems and modifications to existing systems
- Works autonomously and with Associate/Software engineers to support and maintain products the team is responsible for by ensuring availability of all tools and completing customer requests
- Actively participates in agile team and ceremonies.
- Works with other product teams to complete project activities, such as Infrastructure, Architecture and Database teams.
- Breaks down complex requirements into workable technical solutions for Associate/Software Engineers
- Assist in the evaluation of new product tools and maintaining current levels of existing tools
- Ensures support documentation is up to date and communicated to entire team
- Adheres to regulatory, PDP, Change Management and Internet Department processes and standards, ensuring all projects are compliant.
- Document software and perform related duties as assigned or requested.
- Actively contribute to best practices to support a strong software architecture.
- Follows proper handling of sensitive data per security guidelines.
- Identifies and executes opportunities to leverage agile/iterative/lean processes to deliver projects faster.
- Incorporates and supports new technology/frameworks to support our continuous integration efforts.
- Gathers requirements and builds automation/monitoring workflows to eliminate manual work and ensure availability of all applications
- Actively engages in continuous professional development plan
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology or Mathematics
- 2+ years of Software Engineering experience
- In lieu of education, 4 years of Software Engineering experience
- 4 years of ServiceNow development experience, including Application UI, workflows, notifications, SLAs and Service Catalog forms
- Experience with design, development, deployment, and maintenance of secure integrations using REST, JSON, XML, HTTP, SOAP, OAuth, OpenID Connect, Postman
- Experience with IT integration services and reporting tools.
- Experience with RDBMS: MySQL/MariaDB, Postgres
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced oral, written and presentation communications including the ability to present technical information in a way that non-technical audiences will understand
- Experience with multiple ServiceNow platform products desired
- Experience with Agile delivery methodologies
- Experience with ITIL methodology
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.