|Job Type:||Full Time|
This Sr. Finance Manager, Commercial Business Close ROB lead position provides a great opportunity to work with the GSMO HQ Finance Leadership team and oversee Microsoft Commercial revenue worldwide, leveraging a broad skillset ranging from analysis, modeling, and forecasting to collaboration and problem solving. This position leads & coordinates insights/discussions with senior Business and Finance leaders around current performance against plans and forecast, and influences thinking around driving execution in the future. The successful candidate will be a person with strong business curiosity, good collaboration, attention to details, outstanding business acumen, and demonstrated project management skills, who thrives in a dynamic, exciting, and fast paced business environment. The candidate will be responsible for end to end close process for GSMO including presentation to senior executives, SLT prep, one close consolidation of A14 insights, and working across org’s to synthesize business insights into one cohesive GSMO story.
- Drive effective Rhythm across workstreams such as Exec Flash, Business Performance Reviews, and Quarterly Business Connect Design with partnership across finance organizations.
- Drive cross product analysis framework to deep dive and discover business insight, trends and key revenue drivers for the GSMO Commercial businesses
- Identify, articulate and communicate business insights to the GSMO Business leads, Marketing and Operation Leads, and GSMO CFOs.
- Drive design and thought leadership for GSMO on the next generation Revenue analytics, reporting, close process and drive readiness in GSMO field finance, such as One Commercial Revenue Framework, next generation analytics, and simplified forecast
- Lead and develop WW Sales EVP monthly content for the CEO Senior Leadership Team meeting
- Drive analysis of key business challenges and partner with Worldwide Commercial Solutions, WCB finance team and Engineering Group Finance to deep dive in root causes, identify short-team and long-term opportunities, and recommend actions.
- Support the Field A14 BAM Controller community to help land aligned priorities with the rest of the Finance organization.
- Uncompromising attention to details, and data accuracy with a heightened sense of urgency
- Demonstrated ability understand complex business models and derive business insight to help strategic decision making
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic team environment with a broad range of critical deliverables
- Demonstrated ability to effectively partner with business leaders and collaborate across multiple teams (across geographies and organization)
- Organized and proficient at managing multiple tasks under tight turnaround deadlines
- Strong analytical skills; the ability to see beyond the what and understand the why
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to articulate key messages concisely and clearly, while leveraging appropriate visual tools
- 7+ years of progressive experience; BA/BS in Finance/Accounting required; MBA preferred
- Advanced reporting and modelling experience with Excel (including PowerPivot), and working level knowledge of Access
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.