|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Microsoft, we are committed to the mission of helping our customers realize their full potential. We are motivated and inspired every day by how our customers use our software, services and devices to find creative solutions to business problems, develop breakthrough ideas, and stay connected to what's most important to them.
The Customer and Market Research (CMR) team is one of the largest customer insights teams in the world and serves the company’s core businesses. We are close to and in constant contact with our business partners and our work has global reach and impact. Our people are insights professionals with a strong consultative approach, who thrive on tackling significant business opportunities and influencing decision makers at all levels. They are intellectually curious, analytical, impact driven, persistent, and not shy about sharing their opinions and recommendations. And, they are passionate about developing themselves, their careers and their profession.
The Corporate Research team, within CMR, is looking for a research and analytics professional to support the evolution of Microsoft’s Customer and Partner Satisfaction Measurement program – a program that has senior executive sponsorship and directs strategic decisions to improve the satisfaction and loyalty of Microsoft’s customer and partners. The individual in this role will be responsible for consulting on and leading the execution of advanced analyses on a wide variety of satisfaction and sales strategy business questions, evolving analytic best practices, and contributing to the development of a customer data analytics platform that will democratize the integration and analyses of a variety of data types
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Managing and evolving specific analyses associated with Microsoft’s Customer and Partner Experience Survey (e.g., satisfaction driver analyses, ML based text analytics of verbatim comments, data imputation for missing values, etc.)
- Providing analytic consultation and managing the execution of a broad array of analysis to inform sale-strategy business questions, which require integrating the Customer and Partner Experience Survey data with a variety of other data types (e.g., account level data, revenue, product telemetry, etc.) to understand what drives customer and partner satisfaction and business performance
- Managing a set of analytic suppliers to support a book of ongoing, analytic projects
- Working with other data teams across Microsoft to identify and wrangle data sources that can improve our understanding of customer satisfaction and business performance.
- Working closely with other data scientists and architects in CMR to build an “integrated customer insights” platform to facilitate accessibility to and analysis of data associated with Microsoft’s commercial customers and partners
- Collaborating with other data scientists and statisticians in the Customer and Market Research team to advance the analytic discipline
- Presenting data analytic innovations and best practices at internal and external conferences
Skills and Expertise:
The ideal candidate will have at least six years of applied data science and/or statistical analysis experience, a passion for solving business questions, knowledge and experience analyzing a wide variety of data types, a hands-on data mindset and skillset, a strong consulting and collaborating orientation, and excellent communication skills. Experience with customer satisfaction measurement and/or programs is a plus!
- Strong and broad knowledge of research methodologies and analytic techniques
- Experience analyzing a broad range of data types (survey, social intelligence, telemetry, business metrics)
- Strong project management and excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Competency in R and/or Python preferred
- Business acumen, with an emphasis on sales strategy being a plus
- Experience in developing and presenting strategic recommendations from complex analytics
- Excellent communications skills (listening, written and oral)
- Exceptional cross-group collaboration
- Experience managing vendors
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.