|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are seeking a highly customer-focused Group Engineering Manager to lead our efforts weaving together a variety of client experiences on both mobile devices (mainly Android) and PCs, services, powered by machine learning. If you join us, you will have the opportunity to shape Microsoft's strategy for how we solve our user's problems across work and life on mobile devices.
"YourPhone" team at Microsoft is responsible for the YourPhone experiences (i.e. the app installed by default on Windows, the YourPhone services fabric, and Link-to-Windows Android experiences shipped on all Samsung phones), the Surface Duo Shell (which evolved from the Microsoft Launcher on Android).
Our mission it to help our customers achieve more by breaking the productivity limiting boundaries between devices (via cross-device features).
Together with our partners at Samsung and Surface, we are building engaging & differentiated cross device experiences across Windows PCs & Mobile Devices, strengthened by our best of breed expression of Mobile-first experiences on both 1st party & 3rd party hardware.
We are looking for a creative problem solver and diverse thinker who cares about culture and customers. We believe that how we do things is as important as what we do. Do you have a passion for bringing people along with a big vision and developing a common purpose? Do you have passion for quality and execution, curiosity to learn, grit to persevere? Do you love investing in creativity and collaboration as necessary ingredients to exceptional results? Then this might be just the role for you!
We are a passionate group that support each other to create a positive environment and succeed in an ambiguous, fast-changing space.
Visit #YourPhone for the latest update!
Group Engineering Manager play a key role of the leadership team, including the following:
- Directly influence & grow engineering culture, aligning with Microsoft's core culture goals.
- Mentoring and growing other engineers and managers to both increase team capacity and succession planning.
- Understanding talent needs of the team and recruiting new talent.
- Delivering on an ambitious product and services roadmap, including introducing new services and establishing a rigorous customer focused engineering execution culture
- Shaping long term architectural planning and technology choices across the full client and services stack
- Building and maintaining key relationships with core Microsoft partners and external high-profile companies.
- Enabling and supporting growth strategies for high-profile Microsoft products
- 10+ years of overall Software Engineering experience: designing, implementing & shipping production software.
- 5+ years of people management with a successful track record of growing talent and building healthy teams.
- 5+ years of Service Engineering experience: designing, developing, deploying, scaling and evolving production services at a global scale; native client app engineering experience with Windows, Android, Apple.
- 3 or more examples of successful strategic engineering partnerships with other teams.
- Strong communication skills, including working with partners, explaining complex technical issues, delivering strategic messages to the team and fostering culture.
Bonus Credit for:
- Developing & productizing custom AI/ML models.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.