|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Microsoft Real Estate and Facilities Team (RE&F) is focused on empowering every organization and individual at Microsoft to achieve more. There are over 44,000 Microsoft Employees that call Puget Sound home. Our team strives every day to deliver the workspaces and services that enable individuals to achieve their highest potential.
If you share our passion, thrive on big challenges with broad impact and want to join a team of innovators in Corporate Real Estate, then this is a fantastic opportunity for you! The Puget Sound RE&F Team is looking for an energetic, passionate, analytical person to take on the role of Business Operations Manager
You will work on innovative and high-impact business projects, working with our internal business partners, industry experts and strategic vendors to further foster innovation while delivering renowned solutions across our campus.
This position will support the RE&F Puget Sound Regional team by making the business more efficient and drive best practices across our diverse lines of business.
- Establish and own the end to end business rhythm, incorporating finance, corporate and RE&F global activities.
- Oversee the preparation for, and facilitation of, monthly business review meetings, highlighting financial variances and business performance against key initiatives.
- Develop and publish quarterly business review presentations.
- Facilitate monthly leadership team meetings to ensure the agenda is enabled via tight and effective sessions.
- Steward the annual planning process, forums and commitment establishment.
- Manage team reporting tools to track progress against regional commitments.
- Lead cross team projects to ensure regional and business alignment on key strategic RE&F initiatives.
- Represent the Puget Sound region with partner groups as required to drive business initiatives, ensure regional perspective is represented, and needs/asks are communicated.
- Own and drive deployment of selected regional programs or initiatives, as identified by the Puget Sound Regional Director, working either with delegated authority or via strong influence. Convene and manage virtual teams, where needed, in order to drive execution of assigned programs and initiatives.
- Serve as the primary point for control and aggregation for vendor performance management tracking, assessment, and feedback
- Maintain cross regional peer connections
- Manage department T&E and controllable line items within budget.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
The successful candidate must have the following skill set:
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- A proven ability to influence and collaborate across groups and build virtual teams.
- Be self-motivated and directed and require minimal supervision.
- Project management, organizational and entrepreneurial skills.
- Proven analytical experience.
- Drive to overcome adversity.
Key Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in business management, project management, finance or engineering and should have at least 2-3 years of post-college experience in areas directly relevant to responsibilities described above.
Background knowledge of supplier protocol (e.g. method of delivery, quality of service, pricing and reporting), financial analysis and budget processes, contract administration and proposal process, procurement principles, vendor quality and productivity criteria and best practices in the areas of implementation, information, and service provider relationships is a plus