|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about providing a world class employee experience to Microsoft employees and leading & developing a high performing team of business professionals? Do you want to have a significant role in influencing our workplace to attract and retain the best talent?
The Microsoft Real Estate and Facilities Team (RE&F) is focused on empowering every organization and individual at Microsoft to achieve more. There are over 53,000 Microsoft Employees that call Puget Sound home. Our team strives every day to deliver the workspaces and services that enable individuals to achieve their highest potential. The Puget Sound RE&F Team is looking for an energetic, analytical, highly accountable business and team leader to take on the role of Senior Development Lead
As part of the Puget Sound Real Estate and Facilities (RE&F) team, this role is to oversee a team of professional development managers that execute on a variety of construction projects ranging from retrofits of existing office buildings to large TI’s and campus master planning as well an infrastructure and road improvements. This position has responsibility for working directly with clients within Microsoft’s Business Groups to deliver efficient, effective workplace-related space through our Intelligent Workplace Program.
You will work on innovative and high-impact business projects, working with our internal business partners, industry experts and strategic vendors to further foster innovation while delivering renowned solutions across our campus.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Working with RE&F’s Integrator and other key suppliers, deliver construction projects on schedule, within approved budgets, and meeting or exceeding client expectations.
- When delivering new workplace solutions, partner with Global Workplace Services and the rest of the RE&F team to execute a change management program that ensures clients are well prepared to occupy their new spaces.
- Overseeing the development of project plans, schedules, and budgets for all assigned projects including resource requirements; analyze process flows for all operational processes relating to assigned projects and recommend changes resulting in cost savings, enhanced customer service, or improved asset management.
- Organizing and drive large teams of industry professionals and project support staff towards successful completion of project objectives. Providing leadership in facilitating timely decision-making and integration of key stakeholder groups and required milestones.
- Setting clear goals for project teams, assigning responsibilities, measuring performance and seeking and delivering feedback to achieve quality, timely results.
- Developing strong client relationships with Business Group stakeholders. Become familiar with the client’s vision, business strategy and understand their rhythm of the business, organization and performance measures.
- Bridge the gap with client groups in terms of construction and real estate, and represent a client’s best interest throughout design and construction.
- Driving action and decisions, supported by analytical rigor and data, among clients and partner stakeholders by utilizing and facilitating an awareness of business needs and priorities at multiple levels within the company. Proactively engage with clients and partners to solve problems and effectively balance specific client needs with the broader Microsoft interests and the Puget Sound portfolio.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
The successful candidate must have the following skill set:
- Ability to influence clients; robust client relationship management (CRM) skills
- Strong verbal, written, communication & presentation skills
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and drive towards effective decision making without direct oversight
- Strong individual accountability, execution, and ownership mentality
- Project, program, and services management industry knowledge
- Strong supplier management skills
- Strong process and fiduciary controls orientation
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to evangelize, communicate and collaborate well at all levels of the company
- Ability to lead and motivate large project teams
In addition to these broad program management skills this position requires a deep knowledge of subject matter including:
- Deep knowledge and passion for architecture and construction
- Experience with a variety of project types ranging from small tenant improvements to full building interior renovations
- Knowledge of building systems and processes
- Ability to understand the development and interpretation of architectural designs and drawings
- Scope, schedule, and budget control techniques
- Knowledge of industry standard construction procurement and contracting methodologies, with the ability to drive contracting process
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience and ability to engage and manage local jurisdictions and public agencies as required
This position requires significant experience (10+ years) in real estate development or construction with at least 3 years working as a corporate real estate professional preferred. Experience delivering on innovative, new workplace solutions is desired. Bachelors’ Degree required; Bachelor degree in Real Estate, MBA, or science field preferred.