|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Cloud Hardware Infrastructure Engineering (CHIE) is the team behind Microsoft’s expanding Cloud Infrastructure and responsible for powering Microsoft’s “Intelligent Cloud” mission. CHIE delivers the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform globally with our server and data center infrastructure, security and compliance, operations, globalization, and manageability solutions.
Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide and we are looking for passionate, high energy engineers to help achieve that mission. As Microsoft's cloud business continues to grow the ability to deploy new offerings and HW infrastructure on time, in high volume with high quality and lowest cost is of paramount importance. To achieve this goal, the Cloud AI & Advanced Systems Engineering (CAASE) team is instrumental in defining and delivering operational measures of success for hardware manufacturing, improving the planning process, quality, delivery, scale and sustainability related to Microsoft cloud hardware. We are looking for seasoned engineers with a strong passion for customer focused solutions, insight and industry knowledge to envision and implement future technical solutions that will manage and optimize the Cloud infrastructure.
We are looking for a Principal Hardware Program Manager to join the team. Our team collaborates across different organizations in Azure to build in-house custom hardware that focuses on AI. We immensely value culture, mentorship, and acting as a unified team. This is an opportunity to leverage and grow your existing project management experience in an innovative and highly collaborative environment where the results of your work will matter to Microsoft and Microsoft’s customers.
#CAASE #AzURE #Cloud
- Lead a small group of PM’s and coordinate all activities that are required to successfully deliver a large scale HW solution to a data center.
- Work with the platform architect and engineering team to develop a full end to end program development plan.
- Collaborate with multi-discipline engineering and manufacturing teams to ensure a successful implementation of the program objective.
- Partner with various JDM and technology providers to support the design and manufacturing of the HW solution.
- Manage the program schedule, budget, and product cost per the program requirement.
- 15+ years of experience in product development
- BS/MS in Electrical, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in computer architecture system design with high performance CPU/SoC is required.
- Experience in Product development in cloud or server development is a plus.
- Experience with high volume production management.
- Experience with high complexity hardware program development.
- Ability to lead a team of engineers and subject matter expert through product design and development.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, innovative, and can inspire, motivate, and lead cross functional teams.
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts, and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirementsinclude, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.