|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you a software engineer looking for a challenge and ready to make great user impact across WebXT, Office and Windows to create homepage and new tab page experiences for over 500M users and drive daily habit with users?
On the start experiences team, our goal is to help users build a daily habit as they start their online journey with contextual, personally relevant, engaging and highly performant homepage and new tab experiences. Our start Experiences in FY21 will focus on driving growth and engagement on Windows and Edge with homepage and new tab pages on desktop, mobile and Xbox, additional browser plug ins, super app homepage and our direct nav homepage experiences: Bing.com, MSN.com and Microsoftnews.com.
- Develop UX/API features that has direct impact on key business metrics and 500M+ users.
- Work with partner teams such as Edge, Content Services, Office and others to deliver coordinated value and services
- Contribute to rigorous engineering processes to ensure service quality, predictable delivery of new capabilities, and continuously improving metrics
- Create scalable solutions that can be applied for solving multiple scenarios across different partners and customer topologies
- Help ensure live site health for the product
- BS/MS degree in CS or related engineering field required.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a solid understanding of the entire software development lifecycle.
- 1+ years of experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment workflows and tools.
- Strong experience with frontend programming (e.g, reactJS)
- Experience with any of the following engineering areas: scalability, compliance, performance, security, privacy, reliability, accessibility, localization/globalization.
- Proven ability to develop successful long-term code/service architectures.
- Excellent understanding of testing methodologies and practices
- Experience in Azure DevOps and working across teams with different working processes
- Strong customer obsession to solve real user problems in enterprise search with ability to pick best technical solution on behalf of Microsoft balancing local team considerations
- A systematic problem solver who quickly ramps up, understand complex problems, and create solutions that cross many services
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.