|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you interested in working for one of the most exciting products in Microsoft, passionate about exceeding customer expectations and advancing Microsoft's cloud first strategy? Are you interested in a start-up like environment, passionate about cloud computing technology and driving growth in one of Microsoft's core businesses? If so, then look no further than the Azure Customer Experience (CXP), Customer Reliability Engineering(CRE) Team! Microsoft Azure provides customers with on-demand and infinitely scalable infrastructure and platform for customers to build, host, and scale service applications on the Internet through Microsoft's global data centers.
Azure CXP CRE is a top-level pillar of Azure Engineering that leads world-class customer reliability engagements, modern customer-first experiences for scale, and drives deep customer insights and empathy into the broader Azure Engineering organization. Our teams are listening to customers around the clock, driving improvements and capabilities into services, support programs, service incident experience, community engagements, and more. Our “no dead-end’s” philosophy ensures that every customer, regardless of size or scale, can realize their full potential through the Microsoft Cloud.
Azure CXP is looking for a customer focused Engineer passionate about Customer reliability engineering (Availability, Reliability, site up) and supportability of the Azure platform at scale. This role will be accountable improving customer experience on Azure, for diagnosing and troubleshooting mission critical customer applications built on the Microsoft Azure platform. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate breadth while managing complex, highly available services with a deep understanding of the underlying components (Azure Platform, Azure SDK, Azure Portal), and work directly with Customers, Customer Support, Livesite Teams, and Engineering.
Our team is looking for a Customer Reliability Engineer that will help evolve a world-class infrastructure that supports a growing number of customers. You will deliver critical, customer facing features and work across many Azure servicing teams, ensuring they meet our customer’s needs. In this role, you will partner with Program Management, Business, Field, Marketing, and Support teams. You will be surrounded by data scientists, elite developers, and colleagues that obsess over improving customer experience.
To be successful in this role, you must have a great track record of customer compassion, an engineering mindset, an innate aptitude for agility, and technical excellence in software engineering.
- Must have Service Engineering experience in a 24 x 7 x 365 enterprise environments
- Desired Technical expertise on Azure services and capabilities and/or cloud platforms, understand and fluency in one or more automation languages (PowerShell, CLI, Python etc.)
- Desired Strong knowledge of Windows Platform or Linux, developer tools and ability to diagnose and debug user code
- Communication skills that allow you to take lead and control the communication with customers, - internal Microsoft stake holders and third party vendors.
- Understand High Availability, Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity, Performance Tuning
- Experience in highly scalable services, data processing, near-real-time monitoring and “big data” problems
- Demonstrates strategic thinking, quantitative and analytical skills, team leadership, and collaboration
- Excellent problem resolution, judgment, negotiating and decision making skills
- Effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks in accordance with high level objectives/projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Ability to communicate to a variety of audiences; including high-profile customers, executive management, and engineering teams.
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies across Windows and Linux, with demonstrated hands-on experience on one or moreof the following domains:
- Containers:AKS, Kubernetes, Docker, etc
- Azure Core Platform:Compute, Storage, Networking
- Hybrid Cloud
- Desired BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or equivalent experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.