|Job Type:||Full Time|
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more. We’re a growing team of talented engineers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. We believe there has to be a better way. If you do too, we need you!
You are drawn to working on the latest and most innovative products in the world. You seek projects that will transform how people interact with technology. You have a drive to grow your skillset by finding unique challenges that have yet to be solved. We are looking for a strong Senior Software Engineer to come join us in delivering the next wave of holographic experiences in an exciting new project.
- You will work to apply the latest Computer Vision and Machine Learning algorithms to build customer-centric solutions
- You will partner with industry-leading Engineers, Artists, Producers and Designers
- You will work with state-of-the art next generation hardware, sensors and software
- You will incorporate the latest AI, Machine Learning and Computer Vision capabilities into the design of our product
- 5+ years’ of industry experience in Software Engineering
- C#/C++ coding background, debugging ability across technology stacks
- Minimum of 5 years' experience shipping computer visionbasedsolutions
- Cross-discipline collaboration skills
- This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services governed by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Due to contractual limitations and ITAR obligations associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S.legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3)is required.
There are plenty of other skills that aren’t required, but you’ll find useful in this role. Let us know if you have experience with:
- Optimizing for GPU
- Augmented or Virtual Reality
- Image Signal Processing
- Working with the US Military or other government contracts
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.