|Job Type:||Full Time|
The primary purpose of the Modern Work Americas Time Zone leadership role is to ensure that subsidiary (US, CAN, LATAM) sector teams are executing at a high level of performance. The Americas Time Zone leadership role is accountable for the overall performance of the subsidiary Segment/Sector Modern Work Business and the level of direct involvement in a subsidiary may vary depending on leadership gaps due to transitions, health of the local business, strength of the local team and variable market conditions. The role is designed to provide deep business insight, senior leadership on business development strategies, develop talent / organizational capacity and provide direct “hands on” and specialized sales execution support to all sales teams across the geographies. The role is aligned to support Area and Country teams across Americas in a similar manner to what we have in other broad geo time zones of Asia and Europe.
The Time Zone leaders will report directly to the Corporate Vice President for Microsoft Modern Work and Security Business. The Time Zone lead will act as a geo based extension of the Segment & Sector corporate teams helping to align and evolve global strategies with local market realities to ensure we have the right long-term growth plans in each market. In addition, The Time Zone lead is responsible for developing current and future talent to ensure we have the people resource and capacity to achieve our long-term growth plans. The Americas Time Zone lead is also accountable for successful short term local business execution and performance and will utilize and reinforce existing sales operations processes, systems and communications to effectively manage the business. The Time Zone lead will be the senior leader for Microsoft Modern Work across the entire region and will be the go-to sales/business leader for engagement with key prospective and existing customer engagements.
Time Zone leaders are also the face of Microsoft Modern Work with all appropriate external stakeholders such as analysts, press, trade conferences and partners. The Time Zone lead provides seasoned business insight from direct past experiences and is capable of strong individual contribution and influence across non-direct reporting teams along with the large team of experienced senior sales professionals. The role is directly accountable for subsidiary business performance, and responsible for assessing Area and Country growth opportunities, identifying root causes to performance gaps or business opportunities, building deep engagement with the partner ecosystem and assessing talent and capacity plans to ensure Microsoft realizes its full growth potential in the market.
The Time Zone role is not designed to be a managerial or supervisorial function, but rather a “business expert” function providing leadership, business insight and strong individual contribution to both challenges and opportunities in the local business. The role is expected to get into the details and be hands on in the business to support the local sales teams and ensure the region is achieving its overall business performance metrics. The successful candidate will be an experienced (cloud) business sales leader who has a demonstrated ability in strategic sales planning, exceptional customer/partner relationship management, sales talent assessment/development and sales execution. The ability to hold others accountable and demonstrate impact and influence without direct control while maintaining excellent cross-boundary collaboration are critical success factors for the role. This role may not own all of the sales resources in the field, but given their span of influence, experience, seniority and large team of the most senior sellers in the field, the leader will be looked to for insights around the performance of the business and held accountable for the results.
- Partnering w/ Time Zone, Area, Country and Corp leadership to ensure strong Subsidiary Segment/Sector Business Performance and long-term growth
- Drive sales execution and large deal velocity in partnership with local sales teams
- Fill gaps in leadership due to transition or lack of local leadership to ensure strong local execution and performance
- Building long range strategic plans specific for the countries in the Geo. This will be achieved by identifying key business growth levers and investments needed and evolving the Segment and Sectors strategies for local market realities
- Develop geo expansion planning, implementation and execution
- Successful performance of Segment/Sector business and financial metrics
- Build correction of error or get well plans in areas that are not performing
- Ensure Segment/Sector Operational Excellence - ensure sustainable organizational capability and business success by ensuring local adoption of Segment/Sector strategies, processes, systems, and organization structures.
- Shephard customer/Partner Satisfaction - drive customer and partner satisfaction by understanding, interpreting and responding to customer/partner and market realities.
- Grow Share and Compete - ensure geo teams are focused and proactive in growing our share in the marketplace faster than our key competitors.
- Hire, Retain, and Develop Great Talent - ensure sustainable organizational capability by designing and consulting on workforce development plans -prioritization of resource allocation, assessing performance, selecting and developing local talent
- 15+ years of experience in sales (partner or consumer)
- Must have experience managing an organization of 20+ people comprised of both individual contributors and managers
- A proven track record of sales excellence and performance across all distribution channels
- Candidates must have been strong individual contributors that grew into seasoned sales leaders
- Have a passion and skill for getting into the details to understand root cause behind issues and opportunities and possess the ability to turn deep business insight into actionable plans
- Candidates should have demonstrated excellent business judgment and results across a range of disciplines including sales, marketing, finance and strategic planning.
- Must have excellent process discipline, milestone management and time management skills with strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Must think strategically about business issues and organizational strategy
- Creative thinker who can see “the big picture” and unite new and disparate ideas with practical plans, working comfortably in the face of ambiguity and in a matrixed enterprise organization
- Must demonstrate organization and process focused discipline; especially in areas of the business they do not directly own
- Have the ability to clearly prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks and projects in parallel and effectively achieve results through a largely indirect group of internal Microsoft stakeholders
- Have strong networking and interpersonal skills.
- Possess the ability to build positive working relationships across both Worldwide Commercial Business (WCB) and Global Sales Marketing & Operations (GSMO) senior leadership teams
- Have a proven ability to work effectively in a loosely structured team environment that demands a high degree of cooperation, flexibility, teaming, cross group and real-time responsiveness
- Possess excellent listening skills and proficient oral and written communications
- Have a passion and interest in multi-cultural issues, and the growing impact of developing economies on global business trends.
- Fluent English language abilities and excellent presentation skills required with some regional language speaking skills preferred
- The role will require extensive travel
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.