|Job Type:||Full Time|
High-impact product leadership opportunity in Microsoft Teams.
Join us as we take Microsoft Teams, the fastest growing business application in the history of Microsoft, to the next level.
We are looking for a creative, self-starting and visionary product leader to own & drive new collaboration experiences for Microsoft Teams.
A PM in this role will drive experiences for creating and managing healthy collaboration spaces to enable natural patterns of teamwork within and across organizations, partner with Yammer and SharePoint to bring communities and corporate communications to Teams, promote seamless channel collaboration experiences across SharePoint and more. This is a career-defining opportunity to lead high impact initiatives in a high-velocity team that is changing Microsoft and the industry.
You will join a team whose charter spans the breadth of the product, we design and deliver core experiences that enable shared collaboration channels, promote intelligent workspaces and drive success for team owners and members. Your role will involve envisioning, planning, feature execution, experimentation and launch to market of impactful new capabilities in Teams. The role is a mix of business analysis, product and feature design, cross-company leadership, and external partner and customer engagement – all focused on driving the value of Teams to millions more people.
What is it like to work on Microsoft Teams? Well, we thrive in a fast-moving environment that lets us quickly explore, iterate, and deliver value to our customers. We leverage frequent opportunities to engage directly with executives and customers to review our ideas and work. Our colleagues are among the best in the industry - they’ve earned their stripes in startups and global-scale services and share an intense passion for delivering an amazing product. We’re also a team that likes to have fun, and we build that attitude into how we work and what we create.
- Drive the research, ideation, design, and delivery of innovative product experiences and new business initiatives
- Engage with customers, Microsoft field, partners, and analysts to research and frame opportunities, and then incorporate feedback into your plans
- Work closely with designers to propose and deliver experiences that are coherent, polished, and modern
- Own your feature backlog with clarity, urgency, and accountability
- Actively drive and present product plans and reviews, demos, and competitive analyses with the team, partners, and executive leadership
- Partner with key internal and external partners to develop joint product plans, gather feedback, manage dependencies, and ensure customer success
- Track all defined deliverables from conception through launch, leveraging (and improving) established processes, tools, and communications mechanisms
- 8+ years of product/program management experience delivering end-user facing products
- Innate curiosity and ability to thrive in ambiguous and rapidly changing startup environment
- Self-starters and innovators with a positive, collaborative can-do attitude and bias for action are very welcome
- Customer-focused approach to feature design with solid understanding of user experience possibilities
- Strong project management, leadership, dependency management and cross-group collaboration skills with a track record of managing complex projects with many partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills through all levels of the organization, technical and non-technical
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.