|Location:||New Albany, Ohio|
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
What You’ll Do
- Provide support and coverage for data center, and first-level technical support for server hardware and system components.
- Enforce access controls, manage changes, and perform first-level diagnostics of hardware issues within data centers.
How You’ll Do It
- Assist in diagnosing and resolving service degradation and outages. Perform reboots, power downs and ups, connect consoles, and connect and disconnect cables.
- Process service catalog requests for tasks. Coordinate the installation and decommissioning of hardware, processing media, and network patching.
- Open and complete change tickets. Ensure the availability of systems for business operations.
- Support incident queues and perform corrections and additions to ensure system functionality. Validate port availability, clear inter queues, visually inspect rack space and patching, collect system logs, configure systems, perform firmware upgrades, and install memory within the data center.
- Maintain security of data centers through physical access controls. Validate requests for access, ensure compliance with change management standards and processes, and escort visitors into the data centers.
- Ensure the security and integrity of removable media. Handle tape for offsite storage, replace failed drives, and perform systems upgrades. Ensure processes are followed to wipe, erase, and degauss drives and tapes prior to removal.
- Review and update Standard Operating Procedures to ensure relevancy with procedures.
- Document activities during shift changes and conduct shift turnovers.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- High school diploma or GED in computer science, information technology
- 1 year of experience in data center, command center, or related field
Bonus Points If You Have
- Associate's degree in computer science, information technology
- 2+ years experience in data center, command center, or related field
- ITIL Foundations, A+ Certification
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.