|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the Role
Samsara is looking for a smart, ambitious Senior Sales Operations Analyst interested in helping steer a fast-growing IoT startup. The Sales Operations team is central to Samsara’s continued go-to-market growth. Working closely with a senior management team that has successfully built and exited a billion-dollar business, you will help grow and scale our global revenue-generating operations, increase sales efficiency, and develop new business processes.
This role will specifically support the Enterprise segment. This is a multi-faceted role where you will work cross-functionally with our sales team, finance, operations, marketing, and product teams. We are seeking people with a passion for helping others and who are eager to take on a variety of projects in a dynamic environment. Proven problem solving and communication skills are required, and a quantitative or technical background is a big plus. This position reports to the Manager, Sales Operations - Enterprise and is based in our San Francisco HQ location.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with the VP of Global Enterprise Sales and Regional Sales Directors to effectively scale our fast-growing go-to-market organization, including organizational structure plans and necessary sales processes
- Provide comprehensive sales operational support, including but not limited to territory management, account and opportunity management, and support case responses
- Identify opportunities for process optimization, process redesign, or development of new processes/policies; develop operational measurements to identify business process issues and provide recommendations/solutions to business challenges
- Oversee governance of all Sales Policies across a global sales team; run routine audits to verify compliance at all levels
- Assist with administering all sales systems, including SFDC, telephone queues, 3rd party software providers, and proprietary software tools
- Work cross-functionally with other business process owners to ensure changes to SFDC and other sales systems are consistent with business needs
- Build and maintain key documentation regarding our policies, sale processes, and requirements
An ideal candidate has:
- Strong organizational skills and business judgment with the ability to handle projects independently end-to-end
- Can prioritize strategic priorities and tackle operational challenges in a fast-moving environment
- Able to think on your feet, quickly solve sales process pain points, and develop long-term scalable solutions
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills to understand sales policies and processes at a company and individual sales rep level
- Previous experience with tools such as Salesforce (ideally in an administrator capacity), Microsoft Excel/GSuite, Zendesk, etc.
- Experience working with senior leadership and a strong understanding of SaaS business models and go-to-market principles are a plus
- 5+ years of work experience, preferably at technology companies with a sales team of 200+ people; or experience in similar growth or operations roles in a dynamic environment
- Bachelor's degree or higher; business, finance, economic, business, or engineering focus is a plus
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.