|Job Type:||Full Time|
In the role as Engineering Technician you will influence across the hardware team for the development of video conferencing equipment. This position will focus on supporting and contributing to the electro-mechanical development of new products as well as the sustaining of existing hardware products.
This role will provide technical and non-technical support for hardware development and will participate in cross functional collaboration for program deliverables. The role will work within a team environment alongside all engineering disciplines such as system, software, manufacturing and mechanical engineering.
We’d love to hear from you if you have the following qualifications:
- Associates degree in EE with 5+ years of contribution in electrical engineering with expertise in development and testing of digital and analog hardware products. The lack of a degree with greater experience will be considered.
- Must have experience with electrical system testing including design verification testing and failure root cause testing & analysis.
- Must have hand-on experience with soldering, system assembly, and electrical & mechanical rework
- Must understand system-level hardware architectures and be proficient at reading/interpreting schematics and technical specifications. Must have familiarity with PCB development, manufacturing, and overall hardware design.
- Experience with microprocessors, Digital Signal Processors (DSP), video, audio, telecom, computer interfaces, and high-speed interfaces is strongly desirable.
- Must be able to deliver high-quality results while facing challenging schedules and difficult deliverables.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and be comfortable creating presentations and engaging in technical discussions.
- Experience with Android operating systems & architectures and video conferencing hardware is strongly desirable.
Essential Functions this role will encompass:
- Provide technical, electrical engineering and design support for the development of hardware products.
Understanding and interpreting specifications
- Proficient at reading/interpreting schematics and technical specifications using schematic capture and other eCAD tools
- Performing engineering analysis and verification
- Debug and failure analysis
- Performing rework/repair of electro-mechanical systems, including soldering and system assembly
- Defining, assessing, tracking, and communicating tasks
- Working with cross-functional teams such as software & mechanical engineering to deliver high-quality products on-time.