Last updated an hour ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
We are looking for a world-class analytics leader to join our Analytics & Data Science leadership team in our Mountain View office. This role will partner closely with our Growth team and manage a team of growth data scientists.
Do you love working on a fast paced team and using data as a guide? If so, the Growth team is your ideal team. Their mission: find and act on opportunities to give our users even more value across Atlassian’s ever growing product suite. The team has an established culture of experimentation, and they need a trusted partner like you to take their test & learn culture to the next level.
You're a great fit for this role if you are experienced in developing trusted relationships with product executives, communicate analyses with ease, influence product roadmaps, and are passionate about leading, mentoring, and developing a team in a dynamic environment
On the first day, we'll expect you to have
- 10+ years of relevant experience using data to build products at industry-leading companies
- 3+ years of people mentoring and people management experience
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative subject (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Actuarial Science)
- Passion for products, and about product analytics as a craft
- Deep experience in using experimentation to drive product strategy and decisions. Keen interest in existing and emerging best practices in this space
- A history of strong partnership with engineering teams and deep understanding of data creation processes
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills. Mastery of distilling complex analyses into a compelling narrative and a set of actions for non-technical and executive audiences.
- A solid sense of accountability & self-drive. Track record of setting own goals and delivering on them.
- A knack for bringing the best out of your team. Experienced balancing team goals with individual development to create a happy and high performing team.
- Expertise in SQL and proficiency in another data programming language (Python, R, etc.)
It's great, but not required, if you have
- A solid foundation in statistics of experimentation, in both theoretical and practical (business) applications
- Experience in both enterprise (or B2B) as well as consumer (or B2C) environments
- Experience on Growth teams and with build-measure-learn development cycles
- An active member of the analytics community
- MS, MBA or PhD degree in a relevant topic
More about our team
The Growth & Core Data Science team is passionate about making our customers successful, starting with an intimate understanding of their product portfolio and user behavior. We are responsible for guiding Atlassian through a multi-year initiative to build and promote growth across our Cloud products to meet the needs all customers and prospects. Critically, we collaborate with a wide range of teams in Atlassian to ultimately drive action and make customers widely successful with our products.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.