About the role
We are looking for a passionate individual who is dedicated to support In Vitro Diagnostics antibody manufacture, qualifying products prior to provision to our customers for onward use in pathology laboratories in support of patient care.
In particular, the appointed person, will be highly motivated and have an outstanding work ethic with a strong mindset on delivering results and exceeding target manufacturing goals. A keen attention to detail and desire for best quality is a pre-requisite.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) defined under our Quality System Regulations and ISO13485 accreditations.
In summary, the successful candidate will;
- Dilute and test antibody reagents for performance in immunohistochemical staining of tissues, according to approved procedures
- Aliquot and package finished goods
- Document test procedures, organize data and maintain accurate records of work performed according to GMP, QSR and ISO13485
- Complete and review batch production records to provide cGMP documentation
- Undertake stock-taking, order laboratory supplies and consumables
- Support laboratory activities by monitoring equipment and maintaining a clean working environment
- Participate and contribute in weekly group meetings, manufacturing activity planning and troubleshooting, including reporting results
- Proactively collaborate with various functionalities to seek the best solutions for the task at hand
- Communicate information both verbally and in technical reports and notes
- Role model safe working practices and adhere to all health and safety policies, safeguarding both their own and colleagues’ well-being at work
- Contribute to continuous improvement and maintain training as set out within the quality manual
- This is an entry laboratory role and suited to careful and diligent workers with a keen eye for detail
- The successful candidate will be a self-starter, highly motivated and an enthusiastic team player, with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, meet timelines, and perform simple mathematical calculations according to procedures is a necessity
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records is required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are expected
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is needed
- While no formal training is required, knowledge and experience in immunohistochemistry is advantageous as is previous experience working in a GMP environment
- Previous laboratory experience including use of basic laboratory equipment will be valuable
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.