|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the Role:
The goal of the IT team is to create and deliver secure technology programs at scale, improve employee experience, increase the ROI of Samsara’s systems and technology - ultimately improving the overall value and performance of the organization. We make systems and processes more efficient to reduce low-value work, streamline operations, surface actionable data , maximize impact, and drive profitability.
As the Principal Enterprise Security Engineer you will be responsible for driving security architecture best practices and processes throughout the organization, balancing business priorities, information security risks, emerging threats, to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the company’s networks, systems and applications.
Skills and responsibilities required:
- Write and maintain security policies, processes, and procedures to manage the protection of information systems and assets
- Constantly evaluate our systems and operations for cybersecurity risks; participate-in and inform Samsara’s Risk Assessment Committee
- Monitor the cybersecurity threat landscape, develop threat intelligence feeds, and manage technical and non-technical vulnerabilities
- Design, develop, and deploy technical measures to monitor and protect against data exfiltration and compromise from both internal and external threats
- Develop reference architectures and patterns, review engineering designs, and guide others within the IT team and beyond on how to better secure systems and data
- Establish, maintain, and test systems to detect anomalous activity; develop and exercise procedures for incident response and forensic analysis (including red team drills)
- Refine our assessment process of potential vendors and refine our practices for vetting their security posture
- Partner with teams across Samsara to enhance governance, protect customer and employee privacy, and ensure compliance with internal policies and external obligations such as SOC II audits, regional privacy laws, and industry guidelines (such as NIST / CIS)
- Develop strategies and processes for business continuity planning and disaster recovery
- Develop new content to enrich the ongoing security awareness training of staff
- Lead key security architecture initiatives, including preparing project plans and cost estimates
An ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
- Total 10+ years experience in IT with 5 years in Information Security
- Solid understanding of security concepts and technologies
- Working knowledge of risk management methodologies
- Familiarity with common security frameworks and standards, including NIST Cybersecurity Framework, ISO/IEC 27001:27013, CIS CSC, PCI DSS
- Experience in cloud architecture and security (AWS, GCP) and cloud based services such as Software as a Service (SAAS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical abilities
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.